Anyone had an indicator switch go on a GS (Solution)

Hi,
Yes please, I'll take 2 if still available. Is PayPal Gift ok?
Cheers,
Mick

PS. You need to subscribe so you can send and receive PMs and access the Sale section; best £12 I've ever spent!

livin' the dream :)

Providing they're the correct ones for an 1150 of course :thumb2

Providing they're the correct ones for an 1150 of course :thumb2

They are the switches as discussed in this thread.......so I assume that they will fit your 1150....but better check :)

I can tell you that they dont fit the 850R!

I know what you mean, £12 for delivery! shocking
I'm keeping a look out for an old 1100 switch so I can use the internals in my 1150, think its the cheapest option

When I was ordering the switches (which dont fit my bike :( ) I queried the delivery charge as its a UK number and UK pricing and was told that the offices here hold no stock and they are actually sent Fedex from their warehouse in the states.....which was correct as thats where the package originates and it arrived quicker than some items I have ordered from the UK!!

Got fed up with the RH indicator switch last week.
It has played up from time to time almost since the bike was brand-new (2003 1150GS) but a squirt of WD40 in the correct spot usually cleared it for 6-months or more but recently it has decided that it doesn't want to play ball any more so replacement was in order.

Ordered five micro-switches from Mouser and recieved them 2-days later. Removing the PCB, soldering on the tails and sealing with Araldite was easy enough but on assembly it took me quite a while to work out that the tails need to be no-longer than the original wires as there just isn't anywhere in the cluster to store the excess wire even if it is only a couple of CM's.
All back together, worked ok for the past two days so see how it is long-term. Still worried about water-proofing so may take it apart again to make sure there is a good Vaseline seal.

Keeping hold of the four spare micro-switches until I am certain it is ok.

CPC part number

Can anyone provide a link to the microswitches, or provide a model number. The CPC web site is amazingly complicated.

I'll reply to myself, as I've looked back earlier in the thread. Model number is ESM K12 1 5N C, just type this into Ebay, and they are on there for £13.46 each currently. I bought from Farnell, cost about £24 for 3 delivered..

Micro switches

Hi just reading your post from a few years back. I'm having same problem and I'm going to give it ago , can you remember the part number or the search you did on Farnell site for the switches

Geoff

Maximus2wheels how did you get on did the eBay switches work OK?

I now need to replace mine, so checking out the best ones to use..:confused:

Brian

I fitted the eBay switches today. No problems. Just dig out the old switches and solder in the new. They feel a little lighter in use, other than that they work 100%.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-K-COMPON...EAAOSwo0JWKMNU

I did have to spend an extra hour with a roll of loom tape though, to replace all the disintegrating covers on the wiring loom.

Brian

I just completed my right hand indicator microswitch that stopped working.
All I can say it is a fiddly job. The new microswitch when installed in the white collar stood about one mm above the level of the cancel button. So when installed, the orange indicator lever was depressing all the time.
So, had to file a bit of the plastic node on the lever.
Now it works OK and hopefully for another 13yrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone have any contacts re. obtaining one of those replacement tactile micro-switches for the LH indicator ? Mine has just given up the ghost at 87K :(
Great thread, very useful info.

Back
Top Bottom