IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account rno

The Gathering Of The Clans event is now fully booked.

Here is a list of Information that might be of help to those good people who are attending:

MEALS:
Please note that "Full Breakfast" spaces will be limited to those people in the hotel rooms and the Bunkhouse. Basically, the hotel can only cater for circa 50 seated breakfasts which is roughly the number of folks per rooms and bunkhouse beds. Obviously, anyone from the Bunkhouse who doesn't require a full breakfast willl be able to free up his or her place to a camper.

Happy campers should not panic however as the hotel kitchen staff will provide bacon rolls between about 08.30 and 09.30 on both mornings of the event.

Evening meals are not a problem as they are served over a period of several hours and there will be more than one sitting (unlike breakfast time).

The Hotel have offered to do BBQ Catering (weather permitting) in the hotel grounds on the Saturday.

Meals and breakfasts (other than breakfasts for the Hotel residents which are part of the deal) must be booked and paid for by each individual. Neither myself nor G.C. will take any involvement in the bookings of meals.

ACCOMODATION PAYMENT:

Can all persons who are staying in the hotel rooms pay the full weekend price directly to the hotel. This can of course be done at the time of the actual event. Ignore the deposits that I have paid. I will sort this out with with hotel.

Bunkhouse Payment: This should be made to either myself or Gordon (G.C.)
The beds are £11 pppn (£22 pp for the weekend). Full Breakfast bookings for Bunkhouse residents should be booked and paid for at the Hotel by the individual concerned.

Camping fees: This will be £5 per person per night. This is to cover the cost of hiring the portaloos. All monies left over from this will go into the pot for the charity. The camping fees should be paid to either myself or Gordon (G.C.) on arrival at the event.

Friday evening will simply be a relaxed social get together, allowing everyone to arrive, get settled in and get introduced.

RIDE OUTS
There will be a 2 x Ride Outs (both of them road runs) on the Saturday. Details of the road runs are HERE

The Main Run (Royal Deeside and Glenshee) will leave the Hotel car park around 11.00 and the shorter run (to Edradour Distillery) will leave a few minutes after the main run has cleared the car park. If numbers dictate the necessity to have the Main Run split into two groups, the second group (led by Stumpy) will leave around the same time but do the main route anti clockwise. We'll get exact names and numbers of persons taking part in each of the runs at the event. I have forms made up for this.

It would be helpful if everyone going on the Runs could be in the car park around 10.30 so that the Leaders and Back Markers of each run can make themselves known and also allow people to be informed as to the route(s) we'll be taking. The "Marker" system that we'll all be using can be read about here:

Link

I'll also have maps of the routes printed off for everyone concerned.

There will be a WHISKY TASTING SESSION taking place during the early Saturday evening. This consists of an introduction to Scottish malt whisky by Gordon Clelland (G.C.). There will be an hour long talk and tastings of at least 3 different malt whiskies. Numbers for this will be limited to 25 people. Costs will be £7.50 pp. Again, this is in aid of the charity.

The remainder of Saturday will consist of a good drink, good food and good company.

There will be a raffle in aid of the Rachel House charity at the event.

Mobile Phones: please note that there is NO SIGNAL for mobiles in or near the hotel. This is due to the surrounding mountainous location. There is a public phone in the grounds of the hotel.

Gathering Of The Clans STICKERS will be available for purchase at the event. These are £2.50 a pop and all profits will again go to Rachel House.

We're really looking forward to seeing some weel kent and not so weel kent faces at the first Gathering Of The Clans event

:beerjug:

Ronno

Urgent Info

I had a trip up to the Glen Clova Hotel today (16th June) and learned that as a result of the hotel being struck by lightning last week, they are having trouble with their phone system. BT were meant to come out Thursday and then on Friday to fix the problem but failed to turn up. The hotel have now been promised that this problem will get fixed on Monday, 18th June. We'll see...

In the meantime and this is the important bit...

...until this telephone problem is sorted by BT, the Hotel cannot and will not accept and process debit/credit cards i.e. any kind of cards which need to be "swiped". Only cash and cheques (supported by a Bank card) will be accepted for payment at the Hotel.

Bear in mind that the nearest bank is in Kirriemuir which is a 25 mile round trip...

I'll obviously monitor this situation but if it's not fixed by the weekend, I'd advise you to have alternative means of paying for your lodgings/meals/bar bills other than via your plastic friend :thumb2

Ronno

Will they take payment in kind. I may be able to perform a service for the receptionist ;)

Will they take payment in kind. I may be able to perform a service for the receptionist ;)

I'm going back up today. I'll mention that to him. His name's Wayne and he's a young Australian.
:ymca :thumb

Petrol and Towels

Can I remind folk who are booked into the Bunkhouse that the hotel supply bed linen but NOT soap or towels. You have to bring your own...

Anyone going on the Ride Outs would be best advised to fill up in Kirriemuir before coming up to Glen Clova on the Friday. Petrol stations are a bit scarce in this part of the world ;)

Payment Using Plastic

I phoned the Hotel just now and the phone situation still hasn't been resolved. They still cannot take plastic payment...:(

I'll phone again later in the week.

Ronno

Looks like cash and cheques (with guarantee card) are the order of the day, gents.

I've just phoned again. BT still haven't fixed the problem properly.

The Hotel can take debit cards using the old swipe system but it "takes a while"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom