Fords run

Brian O

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bryn, was just womdering if you had managed to coerce Mr F (or anyone else for that matter) into leading a fords run at any time over the weekend.

B

Brian,

Unfortunately Bill is out of the country on the date in question, so we have a road ride and a gentle trail ride planned... unless you're offering ;)

I'm more than happy to pass on the route for the EM fords run to anyone who wants to lead it :nenau

:thumb2

Brian,

Unfortunately Bill is out of the country on the date in question, so we have a road ride and a gentle trail ride planned... unless you're offering ;)

Don't think am up to running a rideout though am more than happy to run as sweeper. How far are we from the original campsite (if this is where Bill's route was from)

I'm more than happy to pass on the route for the EM fords run to anyone who wants to lead it :nenau

:thumb2

Would appreciate it if you let me have the route so I can get it plumbed into the satnav and see what would be possible from the new campsite. Will pm you my email address.

Brian

Don't think am up to running a rideout though am more than happy to run as sweeper. How far are we from the original campsite (if this is where Bill's route was from)

Would appreciate it if you let me have the route so I can get it plumbed into the satnav and see what would be possible from the new campsite. Will pm you my email address.

Brian

Err :eek: I'd be happy to lead a fords ride.

My only issue is that I don't have a GPS thingy. I expect it wouldn't be too hard to work out a route from the EM2 site though.

Brian, if your up for sweeping, then I'll lead it.

Val.

How far are we from the original campsite (if this is where Bill's route was from)

Ah..oh, oooer, hmmm.......

Sorry, haven't paid as much attention to this as I ought to....I knew I'd be away.......

The EM fords route I did was all down in Leicestershire where the EM1 event was....this year's is up in the third world somewhere isn't it??

No good I'm afraid...it's two hours away to even start the fords from EM1 :(

I've ridden a few fords in the peaks but never planned a route up there......the wetroads.co.uk site is your best bet....a few hours on that and mapsource and you should have a good one sorted out :thumb2

Err :eek: I'd be happy to lead a fords ride.

My only issue is that I don't have a GPS thingy. I expect it wouldn't be too hard to work out a route from the EM2 site though.

Brian, if your up for sweeping, then I'll lead it.

Val.

looks like we got us a fords ride :D :D :D

B

Ah..oh, oooer, hmmm.......

Sorry, haven't paid as much attention to this as I ought to....I knew I'd be away.......

The EM fords route I did was all down in Leicestershire where the EM1 event was....this year's is up in the third world somewhere isn't it??

No good I'm afraid...it's two hours away to even start the fords from EM1 :(

I've ridden a few fords in the peaks but never planned a route up there......the wetroads.co.uk site is your best bet....a few hours on that and mapsource and you should have a good one sorted out :thumb2

Wow. Looks like I better get me skates on then :mmmm

Ok folks watch this space.

If anyone has info on fords in the area of the EM2 then I'd be interested to know, cheers.

Val.

Image1.jpg

Hi Eddy :thumb2

If you could display that as a Garmin Waypoint file, its a start.. then Perhaps Brian O or someone else can assist Val with a route on the day as he doesn't have a GPS....

I can see a plan emerging;)

Cheers Bryn :thumb2

Wow. Looks like I better get me skates on then :mmmm

Ok folks watch this space.

If anyone has info on fords in the area of the EM2 then I'd be interested to know, cheers.

Val.

Val....use THIS, and the map above.

Look up each ford on the wetroads site, take a look at the pic and the description and sort out a dozen or so possibles then just link them up on a map.....If there are any that look a bit OTT, post a question about it here and someone local will no doubt know if it's doable or not.

The one at Bakewell is nice BTW......pretty easy, good viewing/photo ops from the bridge.....I've got a laod of pics from it but I think they're on my other PC in Dartford.

There's also a long road one somewhere close that many people have done...very slippery but a good one to do, can't remember the name of it though.

Val....use THIS, and the map above.

Look up each ford on the wetroads site, take a look at the pic and the description and sort out a dozen or so possibles then just link them up on a map.....If there are any that look a bit OTT, post a question about it here and someone local will no doubt know if it's doable or not.

The one at Bakewell is nice BTW......pretty easy, good viewing/photo ops from the bridge.....I've got a laod of pics from it but I think they're on my other PC in Dartford.

There's also a long road one somewhere close that many people have done...very slippery but a good one to do, can't remember the name of it though.

Bill thanks for the advice, It's what I was thinking too.

Looked at the Bakewell ford on wet roads. It has a message from the local force saying somthing on the lines of the ford is a bridel way and therefore not for vehicular use :nenau Whats tha general concencous on this?

Val.

Back
Top Bottom