Oonyackistan ... the land the sun forgot

Deleted Member I

Day 1.

There was talk of a great land where food was plentiful and lots of beautiful maidens ... I am a sucker for marketing so I thought I venture North to find this mystical land. With My RAC card packed and ready for action (as they say it's not an adventure until the recovery lorry arrives! :D )

IMG_0007.jpg

The tension mounted as I went through immigration for the border crossing!
IMG_0010.jpg

They seem to have similar things in "The North" as they do in the south ...
IMG_0011.jpg

What also baffled me was how similar it was to Morocco? Riding through GlenCoe it did seem like I was back in Morocco. (Ok .. the indigenous people are different, the language and culture is different, the climate is different ... but if you must split hairs :rolleyes: )

Glencoe?
L1030013.jpg

Morocco?
IMG_0037.jpg

Glencoe?
IMG_0036.jpg

Morocco?
L1030010.jpg

Anyway the first day was pretty uneventful and I got to Ben Nevis Inn to find this bunch of tossers already there :beer:
IMG_0015.jpg

After Tour Dad showed me the way to my room ... it was off for some of that food and maidens :D
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

This may have been not such a bad move after all.

Ipod playing was nothing.

Day 2.
Usual story .. I am the last one to rise from the land of Nod. Everyone was getting itchy feet and seem to want to head off ... predictably I was left behind :(

Even the local felt sad for me as it watched the ferry pull away with the other tossers on board :mmmm
IMG_0052.jpg

It was starting to feel funny ... I wasn't sure what it was at first but then I realised .. I hadn't seen the sun all day. Just as I boarded the ferry .. it started to pour down with rain, so I got the camera out and took some photos .
IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

After a nice wash on the bike .. I arrived at the Stein Inn
IMG_0067.jpg

Then it was off the KayLeee :D
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Ipod was again playing nothing ...

Day 3.
After a nice sleep without interruptions I set off to find the local amber nectar
IMG_0102.jpg

You know the old saying .. you wait for one bus and then 7 comes along at once .. it seems to apply to GSes as well.

Before..
IMG_0085.jpg

After
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Then it was back to Stein to check out the rest of the campers!
IMG_0061.jpg

Who seem to be indulging in some local ritual :eek
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Then it was off the disco ..
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

The King was there
IMG_0129.jpg

and so was the other one ..
IMG_0131.jpg

Ipod was playing nothing again ... then it dawned on me, I didn't bring an ipod :D

Then it was the ride home ... or the wash whilst riding your bike home!

Finally got back to England when the sun came out once again :D

Nearly 1400 miles and only dropped my bike twice :blast
IMG_0142.jpg

Now its back in the garage ... safe from me :D
IMG_0139.jpg

A good report Tom. :thumb2

I hope you didn't ride the bike after having that wee dram. You know what you're like after two Magners. :rolleyes: :augie

:D:D:D

Great report Tom, held a special meaning to me as I don't have an ipod either :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom