How to make a Canbus GPS cable for a 1200GS

just stripped the outer covering from the car charger cable , and the difference between the thickness of the wires on the canbus plug and the charger wires is quite large will this make any difference when I solder them together and then plug the lead into the bike /sat nav .:confused:

The wire size is irrelevant but the 12 volts from the accessory connector will destroy anything designed to be powered via a USB connector which supplies only 5 volts.

so the cigarette lighter plug takes the volts down to 5v , so does the givi sat nav mount
do the same .looks like i will have to run the lead from the battery .

hi ya
like the canbus /gps lead.
did you manage to buy some canbus sockets, got my own soldering iron and lead.
thanks

Hi all, I'm after some help. I have just bought a 1200lc gs and need to wire my Garmin 595lm into the bike. I have a 3 wire plug from Nippy Norman, but I can't fine the plug it fits into. Any advice would be very helpful.
Cheers

Is this the right power cable end?

Can someone please help me identify if the socket in the following photos is the one that will accept the BMW GPS power plug (BMW 83300413585 - Motorworks ref: ELA 13585)?
I am trying to connect a power supply for a new TomTom 550 via the bikes power harness to my Sept 2012 R1200GS TU bike.

The only unused socket that exists on the bike (just behind the headstock, near the horn) has a clip and no dust cover (as mentioned in other threads). Is this the right socket for the power plug as the photo of the plug seems to indicate that it might not be?
Many thanks
Chris

IMG_0672.jpegIMG_0673.jpegScreenshot 2021-06-01 at 12.47.44.jpg

It does not look like the right plug. It's all black and no clip on mine..
It took me a while to find it. (06 bike)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Is it this one?!

Having removed a few side panels on the bike, I think I might have found the auxiliary cable that can be connected to a GPS cable. It was secured to the side of the frame with a strange pointy clip device - no dust cover on this one. It has two connectors and looks like it might suit the BMW Power Plug.

Does anyone recognise this as the correct one?

Many thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 234
Having removed a few side panels on the bike, I think I might have found the auxiliary cable that can be connected to a GPS cable. It was secured to the side of the frame with a strange pointy clip device - no dust cover on this one. It has two connectors and looks like it might suit the BMW Power Plug.

Does anyone recognise this as the correct one?

Many thanks
Chris

That's the ambient temperature sensor

Please ignore me!! I've just found the plug and it would appear that it was (previous to my ownership of the bike) connected to a now redundant AutoCom. I think I should be able to trace the wiring from the plug and either remove the wiring or use it to power the GPS.
Sorry to bother you all!

Totally silly question most likely. Is this the same way I could wire up a quad lock 'wireless" fast charger? I have a '22 1250GS with the silly GPS dock I'll never use and want to swap to the phone charger.

Totally silly question most likely. Is this the same way I could wire up a quad lock 'wireless" fast charger? I have a '22 1250GS with the silly GPS dock I'll never use and want to swap to the phone charger.

I think this will work.

However, since the bike does have the NAV prep all ready, there is the alternative "BMW ConnectedRide Cradle" that provides wireless charge as well as allow the phone to be controlled by the Wonderwheel.

I think this will work.

However, since the bike does have the NAV prep all ready, there is the alternative "BMW ConnectedRide Cradle" that provides wireless charge as well as allow the phone to be controlled by the Wonderwheel.

It sure does and it's too small for my Android phone. Terribly poor foresight by BMW in today's tech age. Would've bought it with my bike but no dice.

Back
Top Bottom