Isle Of Wight Trip Oct 07

AlanAce1967

Reaction score
Just a short report just to show off my new camera more than anything !

Left home at 0330 to catch the 0600 ferry to the Isle Of Wight. Got to Portsmouth Wightlink at 0550 as planned and guess what ??? The ferry had broken down so had to catch the 0630. Not a problem you say, well the whole trip was planned to get sunrise and sunset pics so the only sunrise pics i was going to get were from the ferry !!!

Left Portsmouth at 0630
IOWOct07.jpg

The sun was lighting up the clouds and it looked spectacular.
IOWOct074.jpg

IOWOct076.jpg

Off the boat and down to Wooton Creek.
IOWOct079.jpg

From there I drove across the downs to Whitecliff Bay where i went down the very steep path to get to the beach.
IOWOct0714.jpg

IOWOct0719.jpg

IOWOct0720.jpg

That was the end of the sunrise but it was a beautiful day so i rode around to Cowes and watched the boats coming and going. From there a rode around to a byway i know which goes over Westover Down. Fantastic views but i couldnt wait to get back on the roads as the chalk was so slippy i managed to scare myself silly and nearly drop the bike several times.
I then went down the Military Road toward Freshwater Bay, it is a stunning ride on a clear day and you ride along the road cut into the cliffs.

IOWOct0724.jpg

IOWOct0730.jpg

I then sorted B&B which was The Hermatige at Colwell as recommended by TwoWheelsOnly and is a real nice place.
I spent the evening in Totland Bay at the seafront bar getting sunset pics and drinking beer.
IOWOct0742.jpg

IOWOct0744.jpg

IOWOct0748.jpg

IOWOct0749.jpg

IOWOct0750.jpg

IOWOct0752.jpg

But, after a few hours sleep i woke up, was very ill, and left early next morning so missed out on the second day. Think it was food poisoning (not from the B&B) from lunchtime.

Came back via Yarmouth and through the New Forest.
Not a bad weekend, hopefully will have plenty more.

Hope you enjoyed this and liked the photos, the photos were taken with my Canon 40D with a 16-35 F2.8 L Mk2 lens.

Thanks for looking. :thumb2

They are lovely piccies mate, you really make the Island look appealing :D
Shame you had to cut short your trip due to feeling unwell, hope you feeling better now :thumb

I then sorted B&B which was The Hermatige at Colwell

Hi

What was this b and b like? Hopefully will be popping over next month for a visit before the tourists flood the island in the summer

Hi

What was this b and b like? Hopefully will be popping over next month for a visit before the tourists flood the island in the summer

The b&b was great, a secluded place run by bikers themselves, really friendly, plenty of safe parking away from the town but just a short walk from a path down to the beach where there is a good pub/restaurant. Reccommended. :thumb:thumb:thumb

sss, one thing the iow does have and that is lots of b&b's and guest houses, dont normally start to get a great deal of visitors over here until at least Easter so should be plenty of places to choose from, enjoy your visit here :thumb2

Like the Wooton Creek shot, when I've been sailing in the Solent late in the season I've woken up to one or two really quiet mornings like that.

sss, one thing the iow does have and that is lots of b&b's and guest houses, dont normally start to get a great deal of visitors over here until at least Easter so should be plenty of places to choose from, enjoy your visit here :thumb2

i have been over before, but decided to come with the latest filly and show her the island. Fancied somewhere new to stay and before the tourist season starts. its always nice getting recommendations rather than picking one out of the blue from the tourist website.

My ex used to work there, but avoided the place during the tourist season but i could imagine it a grim place then, well thats what she used to say anyway.

looking forward to coming back see you in Feb.

WOW

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE photies :clap:clap:clap

Almost looked Californian stylee.:cool:

Sorry you felt ill, them southerners dont know how to do fish and chips do they. :augie

thanks for showing them:thumb2

Richie :beer:

I then sorted B&B which was The Hermatige at Colwell as recommended by TwoWheelsOnly and is a real nice place.

nice place, just got back and would recommend it.

the couple that run it are very nice. :thumb2

Brilliant pictures there. The camera has a part to play but composition and control on your part as well. :thumb

Why only one with the bike? :D

We need more with the bike :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Great pics. I only mentioned the Isle of Wight to the wife last night as an easy tour.

Back
Top Bottom