Pre Cambrian Big trail bike ride and others

Hi all,

Jim posted this on youtube, have a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoaolIdPlA

ps. Jim ended up in Hospital himself with severe bruising to his shoulder and hip. He is out of the Cambrian as well and will be limping for a while.

Come back Timpo, all is forgiven! :eek:

Cheers, Rick.

Top man a great piece of work

Top vid

Nice vid Jim.. hope your injuries healing too.

Gareth due in today for his op today i believe. So all the best with it mate.

Air ambulance was Helimed61 - http://www.walesairambulance.com/

I believe helimed 57 is on stanby (weather permitting) for the cambrian too..

Lukcily wales now has three choppers. The third came on line full time last summer i believe covering mid wales. All made possible by charidy, no gov help..

Update

Had a text from Gareth, he has had his op and is now recovering. Apparently in a lot of pain after it, but now recovering.

Had a text from Gareth, he has had his op and is now recovering. Apparently in a lot of pain after it, but now recovering.

I told Gareth I would be riding sedately in the rally, he said "Don't go soft on me, ride it hard" :eek:

Riding hard..

Quote from Tim regarding his 'mistress'.. "goes really well, but you have to ride it hard".. :augie

I cannot see Tim going slow, certainly not when Timpo and RickA are both behind you.. lol. :thumb

Safe trips down and safe rides all.

A little news to share......

Well, 3 and a half months after my little "incident" a few things have happened in the last couple of weeks.

10 days or so ago I progressed from 2 crutches to just the 1, which was like being let out of prison. Then yesterday, under the watchful eye of the Physio I walked unaided properly for the first time. Still not strong enough to throw the remaining crutch away yet but I think we are nearly there. Just a few more weeks I hope.

And then today, the big one.

Was out in the garage with my son, tidying up and started the bikes just for a quick battery test. Anyway couldnt resist, chucked a lid on, swung a leg over the Berg and fecked off for a few laps round the block. Quick dart out onto the mainroad, open the taps and let it growl then potter back to the garage. What a feeling!! God I've missed it.

So hopefully be back on the road back a bit in the next month but offroad will have to wait a good while yet I think. Still, getting closer!!

Feels a long time since managing a s**t and 2 steps with a zimmer felt like a great day :D

So a little :beer: tonight I think :thumb2

Gareth

Great news Gareth, it's been a long tough haul for you I know and now there's light at the end of the tunnel.:clap

Yes great news Gareth.
I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend and I hope to see you out on the trail soon:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom