just spoke to forry

A fast stage section and Bob Jefferies was soon on the scene.

Attachments

• IMGP3222 (Small).JPG
    IMGP3222 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 246
23:48

Text from Jockser;

Paul and the bike were picked up by Mondiale and are now in Holyhead.

Sore back, wrist and ankle. :eek:

Heal soon Paul. :thumb2

I heard the sling was his backup plan for when he realised he couldn't keep up :augie

I know, I know, I left out "it" :D

If you hear loud screaming from behind while you're on your side.. It'll be me outta control on the 12ADV.

I feel like giving a pre-emptive donation to the Air Ambulance.....
Bloody hell Paul talk about tempting fate :eek::D:D

Ouch..

Padge.. hope your ok fella and the rest who took to the scenery too.
Photos dont look nice at all. Hats off to all who gave it a go on the big bikes mind.

I could only race the first day as I'm ff on holiday with my children.

What I would like to say is I caught IanB and Forry on the sighting stages ;-) Airheads Rule OK

Can't wait to get back and check out the S1 and S2 timed stages...

Stage 1 was the fastest... not sure how fast as i had no speedo after a trailer rolling incedent on the drive down, a result of my pre race 'Red Mist' trainning

Hats of to Snoopy... Road tyres! only Snoopy !!!!

Fantastic venue the views where stunning

SS1 was definately the fastest:thumb2 I caught Tim up (who set off 2 minutes ahead:augie) but had to nail it in top around 85mph to catch him on the gravel section and nearly didn't finish when I went completely sideways :eek:at the end where a mud section cambered off to the right hand side (silly me chose the right hand side:blast), that was definately my fastest stage, cant wait for the times.. I only went to finish it but it gets the competetive streak in everyone.

Have Fun

AndyT

Any news of Snoopy? respect to him for riding down the night before the rally, keeping going into S2 on second day. Any news after that? I think he was riding back home.

He got yet anothe rpuncture (2 over the weekend) and was going to get a lift back with Brian Elland who stays in Newcastle but Brian gace him another innertube and he put that in. Apparently Brian says the were ripping at the valve due to tyre creep as the wheels don't have rim locks and DR400's are susceptible to it.

I'm not sure if Snooppy deserves respect or therapy for riding down and sleeping in a Bivvy bag each night although the sound of his teeth chattering did put me to sleep:D

ANdyT

Cheers folks for all the messages...
Finally got home at 7.30 this morn.. quick shower and out again for my appointment at 7.45...

Feelng the pain a now... left wrist (the pleasure one) has balooned up and pretty fecked.. Right arm has a nasty bit of gravel rash where the armour pulled up and I'm very stiff and bruised on the lower back where the armour didn't cover

Thanks to everyone who stopped on the trail and gave me assistance and a big thanks to Bob Jeffries for getting me recovered.

Here's a photo I promised Pumpy.... The reason I had to get home...
Although I think The Snapper is giving me the finger in the first shot..

Attachments

• SNAPPER.jpg
    SNAPPER.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 220
He got yet anothe rpuncture (2 over the weekend) and was going to get a lift back with Brian Elland who stays in Newcastle but Brian gace him another innertube and he put that in. Apparently Brian says the were ripping at the valve due to tyre creep as the wheels don't have rim locks and DR400's are susceptible to it.

I'm not sure if Snooppy deserves respect or therapy for riding down and sleeping in a Bivvy bag each night although the sound of his teeth chattering did put me to sleep:D

ANdyT

:D :thumb2

I would have brought the proper tyres had the organisers been realistic and not have stated I'd have been disqualified.

By god I was cold on Friday. The journey down freezed to the bone and I couldn't get the heat back that night despite the several layers of clothing (thermals, sleeping bag, liner, bivy bag, t-shirt/pants)

Time for a reality check ... and get the car license done!

Back
Top Bottom