Move over Peter O'Toole

Status
Not open for further replies.

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Well Lads n ladies,
Just back from me wee adventure into he Dasht-e Kavir desert, my aim was to visit the oasis village of Garmeh. A few weeks early a french couple doing the same journey to Garmeh where arrest under spying charges brought to Tehran and held for a week before being released. So to be honested i was a little concerned as i am on me jack jones, no mobile phone, no back up crew not even a cameraman to help out :D Its bad enough thinking about a breakdown on the moto without the thought of a wrongful arrest !! but sure if i didnt go and do it i might aswel be still in Ireland scratching me arse.

So anyway headed into the desert with this vision of me riding across the sand and this oasis appearing, well didnt really turn out like that. There is a road right up to Garmeh, was really disappointed after riding 200miles there and another 200 to get back!!!
So turned me moto arround and headed back down the road about 20_25 miles stopped looked at what direction Garmin was now in on me GPS and headed across the sand of the desert as the crow flies for Garmeh, I was going to achieve my dream of riding across the desert to the oasis.

I am still on the part worn tourance's that AR14 gave me, the only reason I felt comfortable doing the desert on these tyres is because of Padge, Ive seen this man tackle mountains, river crossings, dirt roads and mud on tourance while the rest of us where on knobbles, so i said to meself if that boyo can do it, so can I, well i am carrying less weight :D The tyres worked well on the hard sand but the soft stuff the front wheel was dancing all over the place. But i got some good stuff on video, I even look like i know what i am doing (but it did take a few takes :D) So I arrived at Garmeh across the desert the only way to reach an Oasis ......

http://http://thecelt.smugmug.com/photos/220524005-S.jpg
220524005-S.jpg

Joseph

Yer a STAR :bow:bow:bow :thumb

:beerjug:

Schultz

Great write up and shots Joe, keep them coming and stay safe :beerjug:

What great pics and write-ups.

You really are living the dream AND keeping us wannabes on the edge of our seat (desk) waiting for each new post.

What a breath of fresh air hearing what real people are like rather than swallowing the line handed out by politicians. You can't go far wrong when you rely on locals when on the road. That and a bit of common sense and respect goes a long way!

Keep the wheels turning, the reports coming and stay safe.:aidan:beerjug:

:clap:clap:clap

Great ta hear yer motorin' well. Keep her lit Joe & keep the reports comin'

:bow :bow

sponsorship

Good man Joe,glad to see im up there in lights. If any of them Iranian ladies are looking for a sponsor tell them i will take care of them on a short term basis after they send the photos. The usual terms and conditions will apply!!!:hug:boobies:peach::kitty
Anyway keep the reports coming,as echoed here,its the closest some of us will ever get to doing the real thing.

Looks a smashin trip so far Joe. Cracking Pics:thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom