Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the North

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

The Halsemere, Grange over Sands.

One of Rick Steins Local Food Heros

And bike friendly
:thumb2

Falstone cafe

Try Falstone cafe about 5 miles south of the Keilder visitor centre, the village is marked from the main road.
Much better value than the visitor centre.

Sorry don't do the GPS thingy.

Cafe in the layby just outside of Caton on the A683 heading towards Kirby Lonsdale. The best bacon butties around and much cheaper than Devil's bridge :thumb

Penny Garth Cafe - Hawes, busy on Sundays, fair amount of trail riders aswell as people going to Devil's Bridge.
Whistlestop cafe - Whitby, busy on a thursday night during the summer months.
Hartside Cafe - Summit of Hartside Pass, busy sundays, but a cracking view on a good day.
The Old Police station cafe - Helmsley, again busy on a sunday.

Not on a particulary nice road but Excelbys truck stop between the Tontine and Yarm exits on the southbound carriageway of the A19 does an awesome breakfast. Dare I say it, it beats Hartside caf's:thumb2

cafe

Try Wear Valley Diner between Toft Hill and Witton Le Wear on A 68.
They keep standard business hours but the view over the Wear valley and the trad Brit. grub makes up for it. You can see your bike in the car park if you worry about that kind of thing. Free newspapers if you want to depress your self.

i use the cafe in Wolsingham, the one in the square that sells jams and things.

nicest hot chocolates in the north east

If I'm down to the Yorkshire Dales, a good lunch spot is The Pen-y-ghent Cafe, Horton in Ribblesdale - it's a walkers cafe but they do great food and a crackin' pint of tea. :thumb2

Good motorcycle places to eat in the North. Westgate Road, Newcastle. lots of places to eat atmosphere is fantastic.

If heading north on the A68 past Otterburn. There's a cafe on the right hand side of the road in Rochester. Excellent food & good prices. Alot better than the one at the filling station 3 miles on on the left in Byrness.

Whitehorse cafe Market place ,
Thirsk
Best Fish N chips in yorkshire.
Bacon rolls and large Mugs of tea are provided for "BIKERS"
They even provide a visor sponge and bucket.
Top Place

Wear Valley Diner.

Wear Valley Diner great sunday lunches.
All meals well worth the money.:thumb.
We live 200yds from it in Toft Hill,so it,s a regular haunt for us.:clap:bow

Best Yorkshire Fish and Chips is definately the takeaway chippy at Wetwang on the A166 Road between York and Driffield huge portions and reasonably priced. I should also add I work in Whitby so that Chippy has been pitted against serious competition!!

On the same road is Seaways Cafe at a village called Fridaythorpe, nice grub if a bit pricey for what is in effect a greasy spoon.

Also has any one mentioned or does everybody already know Squires at Sherburn in Elmet located on the road which leads from the village to the A1 humongous bike meeting spot with literally hundreds on a sunny day.

Best Yorkshire Fish and Chips is definately the takeaway chippy at Wetwang on the A166 Road between York and Driffield huge portions and reasonably priced. I should also add I work in Whitby so that Chippy has been pitted against serious competition!!

On the same road is Seaways Cafe at a village called Fridaythorpe, nice grub if a bit pricey for what is in effect a greasy spoon.

Also has any one mentioned or does everybody already know Squires at Sherburn in Elmet located on the road which leads from the village to the A1 humongous bike meeting spot with literally hundreds on a sunny day.

2 more chippys for me to check-out :augie

It's a dirty job...:D

:beerjug:

Just been to Thompsons Fish & Chip shop in Wetwang, just brilliant :bow
Seem to be open every day between 12:00 & 20:30
Its just here http://tinyurl.com/6meawu next to the pub
N54 01 10.8 W0 34 36.6

White Horse Thirsk and not forgetting White Horse Northallerton,I know they are the best Fish and Chips and the bacon butties,breakfasts etc at Thirsk are the very best, especially on a Saturday and Sunday,I know cos I cook em !!!!,if you like em enough to give me a pillion ride on your bike let me know !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom