Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the North

Great place to stop after or before a Kielder run. I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Manor Cafe in Bellerby near Leyburn. Dedicated biker cafe in a good location with great food. :)

Sampled The Manor Burger a few weeks back....

Me likey!

:clap

Can I re-start this thread and recommend -

1. The Wentworth Cafe, Hexham, Northumberland This is the cafe at the opposite end of the big car park near to the Wentworth Leisure Centre and opposite Tesco on the north side of the town. Good coffee, home made cakes and scones as well as a good range of breakfasts and hot food. The cafe has recently been done out (new owners?) and is ideal for bikers as there is good parking just outside. Good location with loads of routes to and from Hexham

2. Maritime Centre, Newbiggin, Northumberland On the edge of the bay where the two statues are standing in the sea! A good cafe, good location with a good menu. Reasonable prices and friendly staff. Recommended

3. Boe Rigg Coffee Shed and Camping Barn, Charlton, near Bellingham Northumberland. Good coffee, good food and great location. Best sausage sandwich I've had for a long time. On the road from Bellingham to Kielder. Check opening times as closed a couple of days per week during the winter but worth a ride to - http://www.boerigg.co.uk

Can I re-start this thread and recommend -

1. The Wentworth Cafe, Hexham, Northumberland This is the cafe at the opposite end of the big car park near to the Wentworth Leisure Centre and opposite Tesco on the north side of the town. Good coffee, home made cakes and scones as well as a good range of breakfasts and hot food. The cafe has recently been done out (new owners?) and is ideal for bikers as there is good parking just outside. Good location with loads of routes to and from Hexham

2. Maritime Centre, Newbiggin, Northumberland On the edge of the bay where the two statues are standing in the sea! A good cafe, good location with a good menu. Reasonable prices and friendly staff. Recommended

3. Boe Rigg Coffee Shed and Camping Barn, Charlton, near Bellingham Northumberland. Good coffee, good food and great location. Best sausage sandwich I've had for a long time. On the road from Bellingham to Kielder. Check opening times as closed a couple of days per week during the winter but worth a ride to - http://www.boerigg.co.uk

Cheers!
Wentworth is a regular meeting point for ride outs guided by Petcul (amongst others on here)... but the other 2 are new to me.

"Chip in Dale" Staindrop - Nice little chippy. Big chunky chips.
:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Wentworth in Hexham. Was in there last weekend, boy has it changed since the last time I was there three or four years back. I know it closed down for a while but it's back and better than ever. Tasty food and drink (and waitress too if I'm honest!).

Another great eating stop; if anyone's passing Spennymoor, Clem's fish shop and restaurant on Clyde Terrace (DL16 7SE) serves bloody fantastic food and it's open long hours 7 days a week.

Think it's only open weekends and public holidays....EDIT - As it says on the sign in the picture.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

"Everyday" cafe in Stanhope opposite the castle, quality food & ice creams and very biker friendly. It's ran by a TT racer & his wife.:bow

dales bike centre café fremington just outside reeth. and glebe cottage tearoom in kildale

Cafe Maelmin, a few miles north of Wooler on the A697. Freshly cooked food and excellent all day breakfast. Handy for us Scots heading down to, or back from the Ijmuiden ferry.

Sunnyhills Farm Shop and cafe ,just off the A1 at the south end of Belford village

Moorhouse farm Shop and Cafe , Station Road Stannington approx 1/4 mile from A1

Northumberland Cheese farm and cafe , just off Horton Grange Road , Blagdon

Nelsons at the Park, Swarland Village

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before , we were out for a run on the bikes the other day and were in Alston for about 9.30 am , obviously Hartside is no more and the entire main street of the village is closed off so we popped into the the South Tynedale Railway 'Crossing Cafe' , plenty of parking, excellent quality food and a decent cup of coffee

The Riverside Kitchen, Chollerford just over the bridge and opposite the George Hotel, plenty of parking and seating both inside and outside with really good food and excellent coffee

The Riverside Kitchen, Chollerford just over the bridge and opposite the George Hotel, plenty of parking and seating both inside and outside with really good food and excellent coffee
With great sausage quiche too👍

Back
Top Bottom