Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the North West

I live in Warrington mate, but my parents live in Telford so I am out and about most Sunday's around that neck of the woods and drop in to see my mum or dad for a brew before heading home

Excellent. I have a house in knutsford, some of those locations are on my places to visit. If you haven't done it yet can I suggest the cafe up at Beston castle. Lush winding roads with good viz, occasional loose track and a few short cuts through the woods.

Café Cove on the prom at Cleveleys. Park for free just up from The Venue pub and walk back down. Full English - Sausage, 3 bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms and 2 toast for £6.75. Decent brew in there too(I'm a coffee snob) and seating inside and out.

Just thought Id 'pop in ' here and see if theres anywhere I can get a decent breakfast tomorrow morning in the Lakes , ...somewhere Ive not heard of or been to for a change. Cant see a 'Lake District 'Section so I thought Id try here, in the North West Section.

Who the fuckin fuck is Moderating here? The road to Burton? Squires at Sherburn near Leeds?, fekkin Chester ? Whetton twatting Mill and so on? .....are you 'avin a laff?

( Deepest apologies in advance if Im wrong here)

:D

Try this one in the middle of Coniston village. We was there on Wednesday. Proper good grub.:thumb2

Attachments

• 20161026_132251.jpg
    20161026_132251.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 354
Cumbria is in north east section I think !!!!!!

Eric Jones Cafe

This one is in Wales, but for you lads in the North West if you're in the area, it's brilliant. Eric Jones Cafe, Porthmadog, LL49 9SN. Had amazing breakfasts there when camping nearby. Really good quality bacon and proper sausages, not the usual rubbish served up by other establishments.

Today it was a morning brew at Glasson Dock then a thrash to Knott End for fish and chips IC fatal of this parish who proper thrashed it.
I think it was due to the impending fish and chips.:drool or maybe the urge of his Ducati's motor got the better of him.:D
In any case, great food.:thumb2

I live about 5 miles from Glasson Dock..
During the summer at Knott End on Wednesday evenings its the Bike meet up night at the cafe next to the ferry slipway..
I usually have my tea there on Wednesdays..
As you say the food is very good indeed.

'Taste Buds at the Warf' in Rufford. All food is home produced, lots of tables outside with large car park.
Really nice strong coffee. Just off the A59 next to Rufford railway station.

New cafe at Llanfair TH

Needed to clear the cobwebs today so went on got wet and dirty in NW :thumb2

Came across this amazing cafe ... Olivia,s

Nice food,real tea in a pot with a strainer ... and friendly owners

And some great roads around it.

Attachments

• 887B8281-6E63-4A21-852A-308C92D1BEB4.jpg
    887B8281-6E63-4A21-852A-308C92D1BEB4.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 355
  • DF55F311-807D-4EF7-8C0F-4F5646B6DB23.jpg
    DF55F311-807D-4EF7-8C0F-4F5646B6DB23.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 21B841D1-EF4C-458A-9686-D0D4A9FAC821.jpg
    21B841D1-EF4C-458A-9686-D0D4A9FAC821.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 341

Are you just teasing, or going to tell us where it is :) :) I've got some time next week between hospital appointments so may take a ride out to find it.

Are you just teasing, or going to tell us where it is :) :) I've got some time next week between hospital appointments so may take a ride out to find it.

OP said Llanfair TH, which is code for Llanfair Talhaiarn, Abergele LL22

Let me know if your heading out .. always happy to ride those roads and have Earl Grey and cake ;)

Attachments

• C0357B16-9D4A-4B78-BF75-A6C0145674BB.jpg
    C0357B16-9D4A-4B78-BF75-A6C0145674BB.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 393

I was there the other day...sat by the stream eatin' me butties ! Dropped down from the Denbigh Moors end.

The Gasket, Appley Bridge.

The Gasket, WN6 9DR Appley Bridge. Great coffee, and really great homemade cake.
Run by Lee and Emma, Lee also restores/customises bikes, esp old british iron....

https://www.facebook.com/gasket.the/

(Not my business, and I have no connection other than I like good coffee, cake, talking about bikes and cars....and I've gigged at a charity event there).

Has anybody recently been to the OK American diner on the A55 nr. Northrop Hall?
Meeting up with some friends for a ride to Anglesey this Saturday morning (weather permitting).

Patria o Muerte

Stopped by last summer - just OK’ish

Ride past and left at Northop for a coffee in delightful setting at Soughton Hall stables w3w mule.grazed.tortoises

Back
Top Bottom