Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

Huckleberry's. On the sea front at Hornsea,it's next to the Marine Hotel car park,a fair few bikes starting to get there on a w/e, the girl who run's it,Emma i think,said they are going to open on a wednesday evening from April,alway's a warm welcome for bikers.

Steve

Cheers Steve, Huckleberry's is marked on Garmin Mapsource,
Coordinates given are N53 54 48.8 W0 09 40.0 Google map

Guys if you're ever in Thirsk or Northallerton there's a Family run fish n chip shop in each Town called White Horse fish n chip cafe. Best in the district by a country mile. Father and Son are both GSers, and Son in particular is a perfectionist in everything he does, including the food he serves.

Try 'em, you won't be disappointed:thumb2

Guys if you're ever in Thirsk or Northallerton there's a Family run fish n chip shop in each Town called White Horse fish n chip cafe. Best in the district by a country mile. Father and Son are both GSers, and Son in particular is a perfectionist in everything he does, including the food he serves.

Off topic a bit so apolagies but did they ever get there problems sorted with the bikes ?

Oh no! more bloody chip shops to test!!! :D

I do like my Fish n Chips! :rob

Oh no! more bloody chip shops to test!!! :D

I do like my Fish n Chips! :rob
Mate of mine, Nick, reports…

They only do Haddock ! Nuff said I’d say :)

Truthfully they really are bloody wonderful, and there’s a seating area in both !

Maps he sent me are:- Thirsk Northallerton

Off topic a bit so apolagies but did they ever get there problems sorted with the bikes ?

They did to a point. Engines were supplied FOC but labour charges were applied for fitting, and it wasn't cheap!! Interestingly both have got shot of 'em and bought new 12's

They did to a point. Engines were supplied FOC but labour charges were applied for fitting, and it wasn't cheap!! Interestingly both have got shot of 'em and bought new 12's

Mmmm they must have like em, dont know if I could have that much faith.

ta for the up date..:thumb

Stopped at Wilders Tea Rooms today at Pateley Bridge which is right on the riverside next to the 'Bridge' and has a sun terrace that looks over the river...very nice :Motomartin

All day breakfast menu with a breakfast baguette for £4, very nice it was too

Went to Hawes on sunday morning - never seen it so busy with bikers - they were queuing out of the cafe door :(

Decided to move on to Leyburn. Easy parking in the market square, good chat with another tosser, and a good recommend for Penley's cafe (just off the square near the mini RB). Maybe a bit on the posh side but good food, excellent coffee and daily papers. Take aways available. :thumb

Not really a cafe but van in a layby on the A631 Bawtry to Gainsborough. Sunats Catering, good food and a decent bloke.:)

Cross Keys Inn on the A683 near Sedberge (on the North Yorks border with Cumbria)

Nice little cafe part at the back with stunning views, good food and friendly staff

Bernie's Ingleton - when you want to eat, & don't want to queue at Devils Bridge

He's a miserable git ... always gives the impression he'd rather not be there :eek:

Forget Helsmsley ... anti social parking warden last time I went :eek:

Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge good stop. Great food :thumb

:beerjug:

yer get a belting brekkie at the little cafe at side of petrol station just past Bolton Abbey roundabout on A59 heading towards skipton.Quality grub :beer:

yer get a belting brekkie at the little cafe at side of petrol station just past Bolton Abbey roundabout on A59 heading towards skipton.Quality grub :beer:

Was there yesterday, cafe was shut but lass behind counter of garage made us a brew :thumb2

Dunnys cafe Otley
Bridge street Otley
There is only 1 bridge over the river in the town, find the bridge you find the cafe. This is a real old type greasy spoon. Tea 30p chipbutty £1 full breakfast less than £4
Allways a few intresting locals or bikers there to chew the fat with.
Town centre Traffic Lights.
From Bradford or Ilkley turn left.
From Harrogate or Poo turn right
From Leeds straight on.
If fish and chips take your fancy 50yds back up Bridge Street is a great chippy eat in if you want to be posh, take out if you want to be one of the lads, sit on the riverside and eat them It is a local bye law that you spare a few chips for the swans and ducks
It is called Bridge Street chippy and suprise suprise it's on Bridge Street. We like to call a spade a spade in Otley.

Went to Hawes on sunday morning - never seen it so busy with bikers - they were queuing out of the cafe door :(

Decided to move on to Leyburn. Easy parking in the market square, good chat with another tosser, and a good recommend for Penley's cafe (just off the square near the mini RB). Maybe a bit on the posh side but good food, excellent coffee and daily papers. Take aways available. :thumb

Used to visit Hawes on a regular basis, went one day and the cafe was very busy, it was a bank holiday after all :eek:

Eventually found a table, eventually got to the counter, to be told they weren't doing any more food because they were soooooo busy :eek:

Said "OK Thanks, but why don't you put a sign up saying so, instead of letting people queue?"

While we were getting our jackets on again people were ordering food and their orders were being taken :eek:

The French proprietoress followed us outside and launched straight in to a broadside about shortage of staff, being busy and her not being very well :blagblah

I've not been back and I wont be going back :pullface

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom