Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the Peak District

The Yonderman Cafe (aka Jellies and Kate's Kitchen) on the A623 at Wardlow Mires is popular with bikers esp the green lane brigade. Good value HUGE breakfasts. The owner is a biker and has shelving specifically for helmets so you will be welcome.

Basic farm campsite opposite and a pub (three Stags Head inn ) about 200 yards away that is well worth a visit - proper country boozer run by an umm, eccentric landlord and family.

On our usual Sunday outing went in a new cafe in Tideswell open for 6 months now called HandD exotic teas. What drew us in was the wide and varied theme night info in particular Carribean influenced food. Great welcome for two people looking like Michelin man in bike gear. I stayed basic with a pea and ham and Julie had a sample of lime chicken rice and peas and plantane and sweet potato. All excellent food,friendly service. Good tea as you would expect.
Menu extensive usual basic fare through to more exotic. Really pleased with this find. Not on main road as you go round main corner before chippy and Peak Parlour turn right back on yourself.:drool Enjoy

Website may require a bit more info I think.

http://exoticteas.co.uk/

Yonderman on A623. Wardlow.

Great breakfast at the yondermans, and this takes some beating; calver crossroads; best coffee in the peaks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180727-135718.jpg
    Screenshot_20180727-135718.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 404
Stopped off at Gridleford Cafe for lunch today whilst riding past. Giant yorkshire pudding, pork, chips & veg. Looked great but was utterly disgusting. Gravy was cold, chips rock hard and veg from a tin. Thought their food was supposed to be good?

IMG_4810_zps14364d0a.jpg

I take it you didn't pay then and complained to tell them the error of their wares.

I take it you didn't pay then and complained to tell them the error of their wares.

Fuck knows, it was over 4 years ago pal. That place is utterly disgusting. I'd rather lick the floor of Squires than eat here again. And I've never been to Squires.

Little tiny cafe on the traffic light crossroads at Cromford. Parking for a couple of bikes on the pavement outside. It is a wooden shack that used to be part of the railway I think - anyway, friendly folks, and home made grub. I only had soup and a sandwich followed by coffee and cake. Enjoyed every mouthful. :thumby:

Wetton Old School Tea Room (Village Hall)

Went for a Christmas dinner today with my sister. Great place

Welcome walkers and motorcyclists. No boot removal required.

Open Thursdays to Sundays from 10.00 until about 15.30.

Good menu, including breakfasts and lunches. Also provide food for those with alergies and food intolerances etc.

07801 683546

On Trip Advisor and Facebook.

It gets great reviews so I must try it

Peak District National Park DE6 2AF, England. ...

:beerjug:

Visit Cow Shed Cafe for a treat
Very nice and tons of parking
Downhill from Tiddza Tideswell just before Millersdale on the right
AKA Beltonville Farm, Miller's Dale, Buxton SK17 8SS
Its on the B 6049
Cardiac breaky 11 quid standard 8

Seven of us turned up at the Cow Shed today. Friendly welcome and all agreed the grub was very decent. On the bacon circuit now:thumb2

Went for a Christmas dinner today with my sister. Great place

Welcome walkers and motorcyclists. No boot removal required.

Open Thursdays to Sundays from 10.00 until about 15.30.

Good menu, including breakfasts and lunches. Also provide food for those with alergies and food intolerances etc.

07801 683546

On Trip Advisor and Facebook.

I used to run a rally for the MRC in the field behind, this was back in the 80s but we are still in touch with the farming family as it is my brother-in-laws area, they farm at Tissington. We called it the Wet n Windy! The Royal Oak used to do breakfast for us for the weekend and we went round there for pub grub of an evening.

Recommendations for a breakfast in Bakewell please.

Thanks I'll take a look.

It’s a nice place.

The eating bit isn’t too posh.

They let me in, and I’m blood group council house

Don't know if they do cooked breakies but Coleman's deli in Hathersage is a fab place, Great Coffee and do gorgeous pastries, salad box's, always very busy, a good sign for a good cafe
https://colemansdeli.com/

5 or 6 years ago the Yonderman was brilliant - the board told you where the sausages were from etc and the stuff was high quality and good

Then it started to tail off and the food available became less and less good quality and i stopped going

I did go last weekend and things have changed for the better with table ordering and service rather than the big queues of old, pretty decent quality food although not as generous and cheap as years gone by

It is now back on my list of places for when i venture into the peaks

Back
Top Bottom