Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the East Midlands

Grindleford Station Cafe (Peak District), frequented by walkers, climbers mountain bikers and motor bikers.

Great fry up and chips

Station Approach
Grindleford
Upper Padley
Derbyshire
S32 2JA

The Outside Cafe at Hathersage (next to the petrol station) isn't bad too

Outside Ltd
Main Road
Hathersage
Derbyshire
S32 1BB

Not Greasy Spoons but a great place to go for a change are the OK Diners.

There are 3 on the A1. 1 Northbound near Cromwell, Lincs, another Northbound around Peterborough and one Southbound south of Colsterworth.

Typical artery clogging American diner food at reasonable prices.

There are a few more around the country, with a discount club. http://www.okdiners.com

I'm planning to visit all of them in a weekend next summer!

Does anyone want to join me?

Wymondham Windmill

Can recommend the Wymonham Windmill cafe. North of Rutland Water and East of Melton Mowbray.

Good homemade food and very welcoming to bikers. Will even open up another room if you are a big group and forewarn them.

http://www.wymondhamwindmill.co.uk/

Can recommend the Wymonham Windmill cafe. North of Rutland Water and East of Melton Mowbray.

Good homemade food and very welcoming to bikers. Will even open up another room if you are a big group and forewarn them.

http://www.wymondhamwindmill.co.uk/

I went there last week for a cuppa and a teacake. It's a great place. (and it's near some green lanes)

The Muston Gap pub, on the A52 near Bottesford & Grantham
Buffet breakfast - all you can eat for £3.99 - drink extra
just right to set you up for saturday/sunday morning winters ride :thumb2

Rode from Sheffield to Sandbach/Congleton to get a new front tyre and HID light upgrade and whilst en-route I dined at the Coach House fish & chip restaurant in Buxton. Nice food & easy parking, can even keep your eye on the bike whilst eating...

IMG_5594_zps4130aa98.jpg

IMG_5595_zpsb3c0574d.jpg

Grantham

I stopped off at Chris Walker Kawasaki next to the Fire Station They have a new cafe that serves decent coffee and paninis with some outside tables too :thumb2

I was there yesterday with Paul, we dropped in on the way home from Nottingham. As we were leaving a couple of GS's were arriving, around 1.30 -2.00 PMish.

Came across this place yesterday and popped in for a coffee. Not a huge cafe and not a wide choice but they use there own piggy wiggys for bacon and sausage rolls. But it was there scotch eggs that make it worth a visit......might even organise a scotch egg run sometime.
And they even have a yurt with a log burner and comfy chairs for the wussies.

LINKY

Came across this place yesterday and popped in for a coffee. Not a huge cafe and not a wide choice but they use there own piggy wiggys for bacon and sausage rolls. But it was there scotch eggs that make it worth a visit......might even organise a scotch egg run sometime.
And they even have a yurt with a log burner and comfy chairs for the wussies.

LINKY
That looks excellent - Arkwright..........

Cafe Ventoux Tugby just off A47 between Leicester And Peterborough, lovely place great food nice folk

Back
Top Bottom