Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the West Midlands

The Raven Cafe on the A41 near Whitchurch.

Very good food and all bikers welcome. Usually on a Sunday morning you can't move for bikes, owners and anyone else passing.

They do a Sunday roast if you want to take your nearest and dearest out for lunch too.:clap

Ma Larkins, Chipping Norton

Paid a visit there yesterday, freezing cold, really looking forward to a brew.... but it was CLOSED and looked as though it had been for some time, no furniture inside but all the signs are still up. One to watch in case it re-opens
:nenau

It's reopening as a car sales place.

Chaps,

I'm never sure whether Gloucestershire is South West or West Mids?

Anyway, as motorcyclists we are often looking for a place to stop, have a cuppa, & often a bacon roll, or similar.

If you haven't been there already, you might like to investigate the Stables cafe at Saul Junction, south of Gloucester.

http://www.thestablescafe.co.uk/

It's owned by a young couple, Mitch & Carla, & they are certainly not afraid of hard work, as the photos of the restoration on the website will confirm.

They've had some bad luck lately. December wasn't exactly busy, if you remember all that snow, & then in January they closed & spent several weeks re-decorating the premises, ready for the new season.

Unfortunately, just as the season started, they suffered a fire. They were lucky that thanks to prompt Fire Service action it didn't burn to the ground, but all their hard work redecorating was undone with smoke damage. Their insurance company was also slow in responding, so they will have lost the best part of a month.

However, they are a resourceful & cheerful pair, & are open again, so if in the coming weeks you fancy a cuppa, at a cafe in a lovely location, then make your way down to Saul Junction, & tell them "BikeSafe" sent you !

Regards,

Pc 520 Martyn HILLIER.
BikeSafe Co-ordinator,
Gloucestershire Constabulary,
Operations Centre,
Bamfurlong Lane,
Cheltenham,
GL51 6SQ
Tel Direct (01242) 24 7030

E-mail Martyn.Hillier@Gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk

Try Mels' Cafe on the A4103 Hereford to Worcester road at Fromes Hill. Food is pretty good and Mel herself is worth the visit alone!!!!!!!:censor:
Theres also a bike shop and Army Navy outdoor shop on the same site.

Bikers Cafe

Excellent Cafe in the middle bit of England,
Long Itch Cafe (Buttyrun.com) CV47 9QL,big breakfast with mug of very good coffee £5.85,quick service, pleasant staff.:thumb

50's American Diner

Been to many of the cafes mentioned in this thread. Thought I'd add a couple more:

On the A45 between Dunchurch and Daventry is a village called Willoughby. There is a cracking little cafe in the village, the post code is CV23 8BL.

Another favourite of mine is the 50's American Diner just outside Swadlincote
http://www.the50samericandiner.com/
It's not always open, and is a "destination" cafe. I wasn't around in the 50's, but friends who were love it! The web site shows opening times and a nice little video.

THE HONEY CAFE, Talgarth

Now here's a little cracker. I'd love to lay claim to discovering it but it comes courtesy of the Hereford and Worcester IAM guys.

If the weather is good you can sit out in the sun in the morning, or inside if you prefer. Wherever you choose, the welcome is warm and the menu accommodating for most tastes. Great breakfasts!

Enjoy!

Cob House Fisheries

Cob House Fisheries on the B4204 Worcester to Martley Road. A really nice cafe that serves good food all day. Breakfasts are great and very reasonably priced. I had a full English today and it was £3.75 including a coffee. Get there early as it fills up fast. They have some of the tables set up as refectory tables so would be good for large groups. As an added bonus the drive and car park are potholed gravel, so all you rufty, tufty adventure bikers can arrive standing on your pegs. :D

If you go in the car with the kids there's a play area and some farm animals for them to feed.

Try Doms diner

Dom's bike stop.

On the 449 Leominster roundabout, 1st roundabout after the Cadbury's factory, take the exit to Worcester / Bromyard and its 100 yards on right.

He deserves a mention as he is putting a lot of work in, he also does camping, free range sausages eggs etc, great place to chill, plenty of room and you can sit under cover listening to good music.
He is installing pizza oven and getting drinks licence, also does a great range of food.

You can find him on Facebook, look under groups ( so he tells me )

Somebody made the same recommendation for Dom last week. I'll be checking it out sometime soon!:D

New Wednesday Night Event for Bikers....

The Farmer & Friends Cafe at Garden Village, Bridgnorth Road, Wolverhampton WV6 7EZ will now be hosting a brand new Bikers night every Wednesday starting 31 July 2013 from 6pm. This is to take over from the Swancotes night as it has closed down. Refreshment tent available serving food, drink and much more.... Hope to see you all there.

The cafe at Shobdon airfield,good scoff and plenty to see.Also the cafe at Clee hill by the quarry,great bacon sarny and cheap too.
Nice run to both of those on a sunday morning.

Ric, The Cafe by the Quarry has now closed. Reg

Ric, The Cafe by the Quarry has now closed. Reg

Yes it's been shut a few years now,great pity it's was such a great view of the Clee,s.

Good opening for some one to set up a cafe there.
I could see you and Marg in a little venture��

Yea on Route Nationale to Biaritz, serving tea & coffe out the camper window!!!! HaHa

The West End Cafe Llandovery. In the middle,on the A40. Popular stop,gets busy at weekends, good food, parking outside or car park directly opposite.

Back
Top Bottom