Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the West Midlands

Anyone know of a good cafe near Leamington Spa A429 area..?

Very close to A429. Touchdown Cafe at Wellesborne Airfield: CV35 9EU

A bit further away but popular with bikers. The Long Itch Diner: CV47 9QZ

There are loads in the town centre - best check Trip Advisor

Tenbury Wells.
Sadly the Riverside Cafe in Tenbury Wells will be closed for sometime due to a severe fire.

The couple had put a lot of hard work into building up,the business,top scoff too.
Hope they get back up and running soon.

Tenbury Wells.
Sadly the Riverside Cafe in Tenbury Wells will be closed for sometime due to a severe fire.

The couple had put a lot of hard work into building up,the business,top scoff too.
Hope they get back up and running soon.

The Riverside cafe now back in full swing.
Re fit and more seating :D

Caffeine & Machine, Ettingham

When in/around the A429 area, we normally use the Touchdown Cafe at Wellesbourne. Nothing special, but perfectly OK, friendly & with a bit of aviation activity for added interest.

However, this weeks Autocar mentions a new place, at Ettingham (CV37 7NS), just off the A429, which looks interesting. It's called Caffeine & Machine. Anyone tried it yet? Looks well thought through, but maybe a bit Bike Shed hipster...... https://caffeineandmachine.com/

When in/around the A429 area, we normally use the Touchdown Cafe at Wellesbourne. Nothing special, but perfectly OK, friendly & with a bit of aviation activity for added interest.

However, this weeks Autocar mentions a new place, at Ettingham (CV37 7NS), just off the A429, which looks interesting. It's called Caffeine & Machine. Anyone tried it yet? Looks well thought through, but maybe a bit Bike Shed hipster...... https://caffeineandmachine.com/

Used to drink there as a teenager when it was just a simple country boozer with basic pub grub.

Visitors to the new and shiny establishment certainly clog up the main road on Sundays!

By the way, it is “Ettington”

Caffeine and Machine is a brilliant venue for a weekday ride out, however sunny weekends it get absolutely rammed, you cant even find a space to park a bike. Its a victim of its own success. I'll give it another go later in the year when the hype dies down, its a great concept.

Used to drink there as a teenager when it was just a simple country boozer with basic pub grub.

Visitors to the new and shiny establishment certainly clog up the main road on Sundays!

By the way, it is “Ettington”

Sorry folks. You are absolutely right Andy ....... Ettington. Sounds a bit questionable then, at least on the weekend. Weekdays they don't open until lunchtime I see.

SILVER GRILL LUDLOW MARKET

Try out Marks Trailer on the Market square open every day other than Tuesday (Non Market day), by far the best value and quality bacon and locally reared sausage, a pound for a coffee, whats not to like, always a gathering of bikers on weekends. Mark is a biker himself and is active in petitioning the council for allowing bike parking outside the castle grounds.

Riverside cafe in Tenbury Wells

Worth a stop if you passing,plenty of parking and good freshly cooked food.
Nothing fancy but cooked fresh when you order and not stored in a warmer.

Easy to find,by river:D ,then go on to Ludlow and get Bobsnew to buy the coffee :thumb2

Cobbles Cafe.
Market Place, Longnor, SK17 0NT.

Mon-Fri 09:30-16:00
Sat and Sun 08:30-16:00.

Be warned ... the 'large' breakfast is large!

Tony's Diner Quatford

Be advised this place caught fire last Sunday while it was relatively full, everyone out safely but owners refused point blank to call the Fire Service to a Griddle that was leaking fat and caught fire. Get a seat by the door next time!!!!!!!!!

Chaps,

I'm never sure whether Gloucestershire is South West or West Mids?

Anyway, as motorcyclists we are often looking for a place to stop, have a cuppa, & often a bacon roll, or similar.

If you haven't been there already, you might like to investigate the Stables cafe at Saul Junction, south of Gloucester.

http://www.thestablescafe.co.uk/

It's owned by a young couple, Mitch & Carla, & they are certainly not afraid of hard work, as the photos of the restoration on the website will confirm.

They've had some bad luck lately. December wasn't exactly busy, if you remember all that snow, & then in January they closed & spent several weeks re-decorating the premises, ready for the new season.

Unfortunately, just as the season started, they suffered a fire. They were lucky that thanks to prompt Fire Service action it didn't burn to the ground, but all their hard work redecorating was undone with smoke damage. Their insurance company was also slow in responding, so they will have lost the best part of a month.

However, they are a resourceful & cheerful pair, & are open again, so if in the coming weeks you fancy a cuppa, at a cafe in a lovely location, then make your way down to Saul Junction, & tell them "BikeSafe" sent you !

Regards,

Pc 520 Martyn HILLIER.
BikeSafe Co-ordinator,
Gloucestershire Constabulary,
Operations Centre,
Bamfurlong Lane,
Cheltenham,
GL51 6SQ
Tel Direct (01242) 24 7030

E-mail Martyn.Hillier@Gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk

Updated website address: https://thestablescafe.my-free.website/

Much further up this thread is a link to a cafe in Gloucestershire, which I think is stretching the West Midlands a bit far, but the link sends you to something quite different. Anyway I haven’t been here, but it looks good and I might try it.

https://thestablescafe.my-free.website/

Breakfast spots in and around Worcester

The Leaking Well at Dunhampton, next to the Murco Garage South Bound on A449 Kidderminster to Worcester Rd (watch out for the speed cameras) , Full English £3-99 up til 2-00pm. Highly recommended. The Bull, Fernill Heath, 10am onwards A 38 Droitwich to Worcester Rd. Owner a great mate of mine from the Fire Service, his waistline is his best advert!!!!!!!

Flash Bar café now under new ownership...owners used to run the Yonderman.

Open 7 days 8 till 4.

Back
Top Bottom