Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South West

I enjoy a ride out to Home Farm, Tarrant Gunville, Dorset, (near Blandford) who make a superb breakfast http://www.homefarmshop.co.uk/ , another good cafe for breakfast or lunch is the Hiker Cafe at Hengistbury Head, near Christchurch, Dorset http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/10326 the place has been somewhat modernised since the web picture was taken, motorcycles can park in the car park close to the cafe for free.

Another "Hill top cafe"

at Pawlett, A38 ( 2 miles east of Bridgwater / J23 M5 )
I believe they have awards too!
always friendly, but busy weekends.
macca and out.

Shearwater cafe, great food and right next to the lake.

From Warminster, take the A350 towards Blandford. Turn right into Crockerton village and the tearoom is one mile from the main road on the edge of Longleat forest and Lake Shearwater.

Lake Shearwater
Crockerton
Warminster
Wiltshire
BA12 8AS
Tel: +44 01985 213255

Also-

Mangerton Mill, fantastic location watch out for the chickens wondering about!
Working water mill with a tearoom, and fishing lake to walk around.

From Bridport take the A3066, then look out for Gore Lane on the right then at the end of Gore Lane turn left into Mangerton Lane and then follow this lane and the mill is on the left down a little gravel track.
Look out for Brown Tourist signs these will help

Mangerton Mill
Mangerton
BRIDPORT
Dorset
DT6 3SG
Tel: +44 01308 485224

the view

For a good stop that's biker friendly, I know I have asked and it was greeted well is the view out at rame head. torpoint ferry to Anthony turn left follow road to T junction left past tregantle fort turn right for coast road. got through freathy etc and it is all by it's self on the right car park is up behind the cafe though I park in layby in front as car park is on a slope. food good tea coffee and stickys. it is an excellent ride there going through hessenford downderry etc and you get to do all of the torpoint twisties, when you get there the views are stunning. cliff top cafe before view is good but poor parking.

Try the Compton Abbas airfield near Shaftsbury on the side road heading down to Blandford high upon the hill nice views and you may be lucky to see an aerobatic display as well.On the B3081 through Melbury Abbas,usually stop there on way down to Poole bike nights.

Greedies on Filton Avenue in Bristol.
Hungry Horace (NOT Horse) on Speedwell Road, Bristol.

Both of these places do the biggest builders breakfasts you can imagine. chips, sausages, bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, waffles, tomatoes, fried bread and toast plus tea with as many top-ups as you like.

Its not gourmet organic food but it is mountainous. Its the kind of thing you can only justify once a year or so due to the artery clogging properties of it.

However my favourite greasy spoons of all is my house! We get eggs, sausages and bacon from Model Farm in Ross On Wye and the missus cooks up a storm in the kitchen.

She has a GS650 and myself a GS1150A so we will have to get some fellow tossers round to join us some time!

Brunel Buttery on the Bristol docks is also good.

Also if you get off the M4 at the Bath junction but go the opposite direction to Bath (heading towards Stroud) right there on the left in the parking area is a guy who does good fry ups. However its always a gamble as to whether he is there - its usually just the mornings.

The cafe at Barbury Castle car park, located on the ridgeway so you can ride on or off road to it. Perfect:

barburycastle.gif

Blockley Village shop (Glos), pro biker

Hi.

http://blockleyshop.com/

Went to this place and asked about Bikers rolling up, very pro manager, Chris.:thumb2

Due to location of the shop, parking a bike would be a tad trying if there were more than 4 of you, but don't let that put you off.

Regards

MG

Hello everyone.

Just happened upon this new Village Shop / Cafe at Sherborne, on the border with Gloucestershire and TV, off the A40. Biker friendly owners (Yvonne and Sarah) open 363 days a year, place to eat / drink, in and outdoors. On street parking (flat)

51.828719,-1.749886

:)

Heading towards Exeter or East? I live just north of Exeter and will come and see.

+1 for Smoky Joes Cafe.... at Blackwater in Cornwall
ask for the hungry man breakfast:D::D
Although coffee is pants but tea is fine and dandy

Hill Top Diner

Tried this place on Saturday. Its on the A 30 between salisbury and Stockbridge. Nicely placed for Salisbury plain.

Proper diner, with good food and a big pot of tea.:D When I mentioned I would put a post on here he volunteered to open specially for groups of five or more. I thought that was generous.:aidan

More info here.

http://www.hilltopdiner.co.uk/index.html

Zukis near Winkleigh North Devon. You can have a fry up or a Kebab-Triffic

Seckington, Winkleigh, Devon EX19 8EY

01837 680005

Back
Top Bottom