Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South East

Although I have a 'Tea Caravan' POI on my TT, I cannot see anything on this forum. If there is not one do you think it would be worth me starting one? If so then long/lat (northlings/eastlings to some) details would be good and I will start a poi off and post it.

Could you try and also include the cost of tea & coffee at time of writing.
(Some people are fussy and would rather ride a further 20 miles for a cup that is 10p cheaper:augie)

Last edited:
If you're plugging down the A21 *near Flimwell*, then Bedgebury Pinetum is free for bikes, they reckon they're "environmentally friendly", and has a big gravel car-park for practicing doughnuts... ;)

Nice tea-room, with view over lake, and you can walk round the woods if you want.

Beware ankle-biters on push-bikes, though, it's considered bad form to knock them over...

Just popped down there this very am, they're doing rather a nice bacon, sausage and onion baguette...

bloody ducks wanted to eat it for me, though :mad: Get yer own!

Here's another bikers cafe.....:thumb2

The Chalet Café, Henfield Road, Cowfold, West Sussex, RH13 8DU.

Located on the A281 between Henfield and Cowfold in West Sussex. It is a regular meeting place for bikers. Parking Space is plentiful and the café attracts all sorts of meetings including classic cars.

Opening hours are 7am-2pm weekdays and during the summer months it has a Wednesday late evening opening time from 5.30pm to 9pm. On Sunday its 8am-1pm.

Fry up's costing from £3.50, breakfasts are described by visitors as excellent.

Graeme;)

PS oh yeah the satnav location:blast

DSC_0252.jpg

Hill Top Diner Salisbury

Tried this place on Saturday. Its on the A 30 between salisbury and Stockbridge. Nicely placed for Salisbury plain.

Proper diner, with good food and a big pot of tea.:D When I mentioned I would put a post on here he volunteered to open specially for groups of five or more. I thought that was generous.:aidan

More info here.

http://www.hilltopdiner.co.uk/index.html

Westerham, Kent

Place is crawling with tea-rooms... parking around the Green (if you can get in) or down the hill on the Sevenoaks side.

Tudor Tea Rooms do a nice cream tea, but the Missus wasn't impressed with their bacon sarnie - too soggy, and the bacon was stringy. :(

Shankly's Cafe

Shankly's Cafe
Named after one of Liverpool FC most famous managers with some Liverpool FC memorabilia hung on the walls inside the cafe.

• Good food - Good British fry-ups or should I say most of the breakfast is grilled so healthier.

• Prices are very good particularly considering the affluent area.

• Eye candy is young and buxom - Two of them are twins :D

• Frequented by a few small groups of bikers and not widely known amongst the biking fraternity

Shankly's Cafe
21 Station Road
Liphook
Guildford
Hampshire
GU30 7DW

GPS / SatNav Coordinates:
51.04'16.80N
0.48'08.50W

Bayside Cabin

Bayside Cabin in the lovely picturesque Stokes Bay

Very good quality food, fry-ups, meals and sandwiches etc. Fresh coffee and instant for those who don't mind insulting their tast buds.
Instant coffee or tea is usually included in with some of the set meals.
The breakfasts have names such as:Dinghy, Dinghy 2, Ferry and my favourite the largest breakfast, the Titanic.

The prices are somewhat expensive, however the quality of the food and the seascape vista from the bay window are superb. The Isle Of Wight seems almost within reach.

Bayside Cabin,
Stokes Bay Road,
Alverstoke,
Gosport,
Hampshire.
PO12 2QT

GPS / SatNav Coordinates:

50.47'11.20N
1.10'09.70W

http://www.baysidecabin.co.uk/index.asp

The cafes above can be easily viewed with the aid of Google Earth.
Zoom in and click on the bubbles for a better view.:thumb

Yalding Organic Gardens

...have a cafe, and do a Full English with black pudding! Got to get there before luchtime for it, though.

You don't have to pay for the Garden, if you're just going to the Cafe.

It's on the B2162, just south of Yalding village. Nice road, some good bends and a jump over a hump-back bridge :eek: just a bit further on.

http://yaldinggardens.org/content/how-to-get-here

(It's run by the mate of my drummer...)

google map of cafes available

Hi Guys
In the dark days before I found this forum, I set up a google map of places I knew. You just need a google account (free, no strings as far as I know) and it is set so anyone can add to it. Do try http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
205337290113535473036.0004814726efe7aae8695
and you should be OK. It's really useful for those with flash phones who can browse the web and find out where they are with them.

I've put in the first 16 points from this forum, then ran out of time. If anyone wants to share the load, post to say where you got to.

Adding is fiddly but not technical. Basically:
. find a point
. press 'save to'
. select 'Roadside Cafe's'
.press 'view map' at the top of the screen
. scroll to the bottom and click on your link to make any changes, add to the description, alter the icon etc.

And of course, when you drop in on a place, let them know you found them from UKGSER!

See you

Ed

Good recommendation..

Well done that man :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Tootled over to the Bayside Cabin in Stokes Bay (Gosport). Splendid location - we were there at 9 oclock on a sunny Sunday morning - great views of the Solent, Isle of Wight, dinghies, yachts, container ships :)eek), etc.

Excellent breakfast (had the Titanic :clap), fast service.

Good call!

selsey bill on the main road down to the sea great eggs on toast

Hi Dave,

I reside in Selsey - There are several cafes in the High St: -

Penny Lane, which is by The Neptune PH, down a narrow arcade of small shops.

Beeches (opposite NatWest) - One of my favourites.

Riviera Restaurant (next to One Stop) - End of High St towards the sea on right-hand side - This is very busy and very popular with tourists and holiday makers from the local four static caravan sites. It is this cafe which you're probably referring to. This cafe / restaurant gives huge belly busting portions. :fnikefork
:
Just don't ask them for a rare steak - It took them 3 attempts to get close! :mad:

Well done that man :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Tootled over to the Bayside Cabin in Stokes Bay (Gosport). Splendid location - we were there at 9 oclock on a sunny Sunday morning - great views of the Solent, Isle of Wight, dinghies, yachts, container ships :)eek), etc.

Excellent breakfast (had the Titanic :clap), fast service.

Good call!

Glad you enjoyed it. :fnikefork :thumb

Lasham Airfield

Off the A339 between Alton and Basingstoke just follow the signs

Excellent Cafe biker friendly with an extensive menu at reasonable prices

On a fine day you can watch the Gliders being launched. Or arrange for a taster glider flight

For the history buffs a lot of WW2 Airfield history up on the walls in the corridors on the way to the Khazi. Gser compatible plenty of pictures

Frank

Back
Top Bottom