Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

Abergavenny Bus station Cafe

The most obvious one for me is Abergavenny Bus station Cafe, Monmouth Road Abergavenny, it's already well known and popular amongst the local biking community and once or twice a year Plod holds a Bike Safe meet there:thumb2

GPS and Pic. to follow.

The Downs Cafe is a popular meeting place and eaterie for all kinds of bikers,find it behind the petrol station on the eastbound side of the Cowbridge bypass (A48)
Grid ref; N51 27.560 W3 25.265 I think :rolleyes:

Don't tell em anything!!!!
I hate queing and the more that turn up (or is that turnip:nenau) the longer the wait for a kwoffee. Saying that the nice man with the burger van on the very nice set of corners below the Storey Arms (i do mean corners:D not a slight kink!:rolleyes: ewe understand) is a good place too visit, lots of seasonal fair and he's a biker:cool:) If I'm going home and in the area I always stop for a Kwoffeeee! (as the GS flies) And I only live 25 mins away ( that time will be the GS exchange rate for shoes minus the rate for BEER/BIKE OUTINGS )
Enjoy!

The Downs Cafe is a popular meeting place and eaterie for all kinds of bikers,find it behind the petrol station on the eastbound side of the Cowbridge bypass (A48)
Grid ref; N51 27.560 W3 25.265 I think :rolleyes:

AKA NORMANS CAFF!
excellent breakfasts:thumb

Pete's Eats- Llanberis

Ponderosa - Horseshoe Pass

Eric Jones's - Tremadoc

llandovery

West end cafe llandovery is a very popular meeting point every weekend throughout the year:thumb2

The Old Railway Station, Tintern. Just north of Tintern on the R hand side of the road. Not especially a biker haunt, but in fine weather lovely to sit outside on the lawn. Nice cakes!!

I like the little cafe next to the visitor centre at lake Vyrnwy.

also the Blue China in Cricceith or the diner behind it.

as much as I hate to say it, the Little chef in Betws-y-coed has also provided a good meal.

If heading to Wales via Morton in Marsh, there is a biker friendly cafe in the town centre.

You may also want to try the National Milk bars :nenau

I have to agree with Timolgra, Pete's Eats @ Llanberis. The biggest and best mug of tea in North Wales. :thumb2

Stopped at the Wye Not Stop Cafe in Llyswen on Sat. Bit posh, but still happy to serve bikers(the Owners son had his Triumph 675 parked out the back!).

VERY good selection of cakes, had a really nice banofi pie, the mrs had a home made caramel slice, yum!

Have you tried the "Ponderosa"

:jibber On the A542 Llangollen - Ruthin road 1370 feet ASL, warm welcome and good grub. Many bikers there especially at weekends. Regulars gather on Mondays and Thursdays. C U up there. No need for oxygen cylinders. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom