Hi, Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(RIP) MOTÖRHEAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, er...No actually.

It was a year ago today I signed up to this 'ere illustrious site.

So, was paying £12 in beer tokens worth it?

Let me see......

In the last year, and through the sales and wanted section, I managed to get a fully laden 1150GSA for a very reasonable price, buy a Hein Gericke Cruise jacket in very good condition for just over half the price it sells for at the moment, a crud guard for the front of the engine, some top quality risers from Jaws for £19.

Also, I've met a few good folk and enjoyed getting into the whole off road & green lane scene and was introduced to Bakerman's Hog Raost.

I've laughed, cringed, extracted the urine and learnt a lot from things posted on here, as well as getting to grips with working my way round a BMW machine as opposed to the Jap ones I've always been used too.

If you've just popped onto this forum and like the look of it. Support it.
Paying £12 is nothing compared with what you'll get back, and that includes being able to post in the 'For Sale & Wanted' section and the ability to send Private messages to secure that second hand deal or to contact fellow GSers about meetings, routes or whatever the hell you want.

But have I delved into my wallet, pulled out the plastic and signed up for another year?

Too damn right I have.

PL.jpg

You mean we havent managed to get rid you yet? Damn ... must try harder ;)

... for that top quality post Motorhead you deserve to be 'stickied'.

:)

wow im convinced ! as soon as she that must be obeyed gives me back the credit card i'm in !

Absolutley Agree !! Would never have thought I would waste my life on an internet Forum before I met Proff at the NEC Now its a Feckin Addiction:bow

Thats right Blame Proff
It's always fecking Proffs fault
Drink too much Cider, after being warned = Proffs fault
Get nagged at by missus for spending too much time on this forum= Blame Proff
Buy an airhead when you dont need another bike = Blame Proff !!
Get Addicted to Pussers Rum = Blame Proff !!!
mutter mutter mutter

I agree Robbo, this place is Addictive :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Can you hear me?

Ok here goes...never used a forum..what happens when i press send?

PS just bougt my first BMW R1200GS, looking for events and rideouts in the Tyne & Wear,Cumbria and Northumberland areas:hide

you can go a lot further afield than that Maxitaxi:D

I'd go but i'm heading up north around that time, might visit :eek:onyack istan

Laughing at other peoples misfortune / stupidity on youtube = Blame Proff!!!!

:augie:D

Your like one of the blokes at work proff, old :hide knows his stuff and a generally nice person :D

Other than your dislike for chain drive bm's that is :tears

Other than your dislike for chain drive bm's that is :tears

Is there such a thing ??????
Only 2 chains on my Beemers 80/7, 90s, 100cs, 60/6, R26, R80g/s, they are timing and ???? :augie:augie

Not one has a chain connecting Gearbox to back wheel :rolleyes:

And you can't Answer Steptoe !!!:rob

I'll admit its more of an aprilla / rotax / bmw collaboration, therefore technically not a true bmw :augie ;)

As for the chain, the only one that makes sence is a bloody big one locking them all together :D

valves are push rod operated and the engine layout is similar to a car, crankshaft direct drive into gearbox and output shaft direct onto bevel box (via the drive shaft :D ) , No chains needed in there that i can think of.

Only other possibility is a chain being used in place of a cable, i doubt bm would do that, something aprilla might tho ;)

If only bmw had used a gear drive system in place of the timing chain, no chains at all to worry about then :D

hmm getting a bit:topic here :D

Only here could a discussion about this site turn into a discussion about how many chains there are on a airhead:clap

Close RC but no Banana.
Second chain is in the Twistgrip operating throttle cables :)
you can make it out on this diagram :rob

Attachments

• throttles_bmw.GIF
    throttles_bmw.GIF
    11.8 KB · Views: 4,641
i,m new here please be gentle

gday from down-under

been on Horizonsunlimited for years, thought it time i had a look around and look what i found. great forum dedicated to MY bike, love it.

Very new newbie..

Picked up my F800GS 5 weeks ago. First geared bike previously Sliver Wing! Thanks Tilly and the guys at W of BMW.

Love the bike..... not sure what to say when folks pull up and ask me about it not alot to compare it with.

Mainly commuting work up to 2.6k now having just done 1800 mile round trip from London via Bordeaux Pyrennes Rioja Santander work and pleasure tasting en primeur wines!

Only thing that drives me mad is the cancel indicator.....fancy putting it on the same side as the throttle. Fine on open road but crazy for town work.... I suppose if you are off road you do not need it much!

:thumb2

New Too

I have just switched from a Blackbird to a 1200GS which I collect next friday with all 500 miles on the clock, I cant wait.

My first mistake here was spelling my name wrong, so if the moderators can remedy that it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom