It's a long way to Tipperary. 18/19/20 July 2008

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's not a long way to Tipperary. 18/19/20 July 2008

It’s a long way to Tipperary…………………but not as long as you may think. :)

We have a new location for the 2008 UKGSer Ireland weekend.

For our UK visitors it was quite a ride to the ferry and then a three or four hour ride to Achill, so with that in mind the beautiful Glen of Aherlow in Co. Tipperary will be the setting for this summer’s Irish event.

hotel_balcony.jpg

The Glen of Aherlow, Tipperary’s most attractive and scenic holiday destination, is a lush valley where the River Aherlow runs between the Galtee Mountains and the wooded ridge of Slievenamuck. Bounded by the rural villages of Bansha and Galbally, the Glen was historically an important pass between Limerick and Tipperary.

Our base for the weekend will be the Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges. Link.

hotel1_aherlowhousehotel.jpg
hotel_new_wing.jpg

Aherlow House is just 100 miles from Rosslare harbour and within 125 miles of both Dublin and Dun Laoghaire ferryports.

We will be staying in their lodges, each of which has three bedrooms, two doubles and a twin, a sitting room and kitchen.

1.jpg

3.jpg

The weekend package which is based on four people sharing a lodge will include two nights B&B plus one evening meal will be €175 per person (approx £120stg).

Telephone : + 353-62-56153

Bookings should be made directly with Aherlow House.

For those of you who prefer camping there is a very good campsite one and a half miles from the hotel. Link

The Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park is a modern, well appointed site. The rate for Tossers will be €10 (approx £7stg) per person per night. Unlike some other sites campers will not have to pay extra for showers, unlimited use of which is included in your pitch fee.

A kitchen, laundry room and games/TV room are all available to those campers using the campsite for the weekend.

Telephone: +353-62-56555

Again all bookings should be made directly with the campsite.

9.jpg

4.jpg

We will be running a free shuttle service exclusively between the campsite and hotel in the evenings courtesy of Daithi and his van.

Breakfast for non-residents will be available in the hotel at €15 (approx £10stg) and the Saturday night group dinner will cost €40 (approx £27stg) per head.

As usual there will be road rides and off-road rides organized for the Saturday, more details to follow.

Jockser, Daithi and I look forward to seeing you in Tipperary.

Attachments

• Aherlow Hotel.gdb
    165 bytes · Views: 215
  • Aherlow CampSite .gdb
    447 bytes · Views: 210
Nice one guys , looks fantastic and timimg is perfect as I'm due to come back onshore on the Thursday 17th for a 3 week break....

Hopefully sunshine booked too:rolleyes:

See you at BOC this weekend:thumb2

AndyT:cool:

Thanks chaps. :)

Here are some views from the hotel;

7.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

One of the lodges;

1.jpg

And the view from the campsite;

4.jpg

You pair are taking too much for granted, nobody has asked me yet to arrange the sunshine :nono :p

I feel at this stage a small fee may well do it :D

You pair are taking too much for granted, nobody has asked me yet to arrange the sunshine :nono :p

I thought it was a given. Aidan said it was the least ya could do for a nice weekend away with no cooking, washing or ironing to do :augie

I feel at this stage a small fee may well do it :D

:yikes Aren't ya gettin' free food & drink ?

:hide :kissy2

Whatton said:
I'm in, lodge booked and deposit paid :aidan

Grand job :thumb2 And it's too for from the mother-in-laws to necessitate a visit there, isn't it ;)

Just my own opinion, but from what I've seen so far this should be better than Achill,
and the off-road will be, let's just say, challenging. :augie

It's gonna be feckin brilliant.
:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Hey Daithi

When the off road reckie? (or should than be wrecking):D

bb1
Hi Lad,
That's a whole other Event, you're thinking of the Annual PRC Off-Road recci. HERE :thumb
Never did the run itself, the recci was too much fun. :D

Never did the run itself, the recci was too much fun. :D

.[/COLOR]

Sure was... We may have to Verify the waypoints though.. And make sure Access is good...

We'll just have to make sure this Re-recci doesn't clash with the spin Orla's promised to organise:D:D:D

Back on topic....

Hey Daithi
When's the off road reckie? (or should than be wrecking):D
bb1
Sure was... We may have to Verify the waypoints though.. And make sure Access is good...
We'll just have to make sure this Re-recci doesn't clash with the spin Orla's promised to organise:D:D:D

Never mind all that ye two, :rob are you going to the Aherlow Weekend. :nenau
PS, you're right of course, we wont let it clash with DakarGal's Run.
:thumb

Another Lodge booked

Sounds great Aiden, I have just booked a lodge. Not sure who all's invited to mine yet, but Mrs Swollocks thinks she is coming out of retirement now that baby is gonna be old enough to stay with relatives.

Who is this - "Orla"? :augie

Lodge booked! - this looks like a great venue, they have loads of accomodation!. So who wants a place in whats going to be the mostest fun lodge ever??? :cool

"mostest fun lodge ever :cool "

I don't doubt it for a second, but I'm camping ! :blast
But if ye want I'll keep ye awake all night. :D

Just tried to book for Mrs ChasMill and I. Reservations closed but they will call me back in the morning.:thumb

Went to Achill on summer hols this year and loved it. This looks just as much fun!

I'm planning on being there, need to see in the next week if I possibly stand a chance of getting a new job and how that might mod any plans....but looking forward to this nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom