Ding, Dong, Dehli....

Status
Not open for further replies.

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Well lads n ladies arrived safe n sound into India, stayed in Amriisar for a few days made the phone call to me gran, and then started to head south. For anybody who has never rode in India its a bloody nitemare. Trying to avoid other road users, camels, cows, beggars and anything else that moves on this earth. No body obeys any sort of rules of the road, tractors coming the wrong way down the overtaking lane of motorways, its like a video game with only one life.

Dehli was crazy, stayed just outside it. But had to go through it to go south and ofcourse i got lost !!! feck me did i laugh :blast
Had to ride like the locals and turn arround and ride the wrong way down a six lane road, got to a hospital and rode right through the middle of it, now i mean right through the middle of it :eek::eek::eek: cripples to the left of me cripples to the right, feck me it was mad, cut across the grass and was finally back on the right road heading south for Agra where the Taj Mahal is.

Agra is another traffic, beggar and tout mad house, but had to go and see the Taj and to be honest it was OK (but thats me not really into that sort of thing)
Decided I had to get out of these real tourist place and find some where not as bad, and thank the Lord ive found Orchha (the hidden place)

So this is where i intend to spent Christmas and maybe new year, i am sitting writing this over looking the river with temples all around, staying in a cheap wee hotel 4euros a nite with clean sheets, western WC and a TV lads i am in heaven.
So just to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
on the road
sure ya ave to
joe

here just after spenting the last 2 hours trying to load up fotos will put them up as sooon as i get somewhere with hi speed or i find some chick tomdo it for me.

Being driven in India frightened me enough, never mind driving yourself.....
Happy christmas, stay safe and good luck uploading the chick, I mean the photos.
Bin

I took this a couple of weeks ago in Jaisalmer... a government authorised Bhang shop with the Trotters next door.
The traffic (and pollution in Delhi) is horrendous isn't it?

Attachments

• bhang1.jpg
    bhang1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 477
India

Joe, I'm watching all this with great interest (may have some plans in the future too).

Sounds like you really have found a fab place to spend the christmas - 4EURos a night! With comforts and stuff... :eek::D

Merry Christmas indeed!

We're all jelous :beer:

Joe have a good XMas and keep safe...

So what's the plan for now?

Hard to imagine what thats like Joe, sounds absolutely fascinating and just a bit dangerous :eek:

Stay safe and cant wait for the pics :beerjug:

enjoy

thx for the christmas txt, Joe.
The weather here is crisp with icy conditions during the last wk. dark mornings, dark nights but at least the gales and rain has gone away. A bright robin is bouncing in the driveway, and a rat has been entertaining us in the back garden. Same old same.
I'm sure that you are wishing that you were here in the cold dark damp instead of lounging in exotic climes, sweltering in the heat, messing with some chicks.
Watch out for the cows, don't park behind elephants, avoid the tigers and don't play with the snakes.
Enjoy and keep up the travelogue, we need something bright in the dark days of our winter.

Thanks Lads,
Had an Italian lady cook me Christmas lunch, great day :thumb
just sitting chilling in the sun today. Was out last night for dinner
and watched a crowd off American being herded arround like cattle,
feck me it was funny ta watch them..... there is no way in Gods green earth
i could travel like that...they just ignore the locals and as soon as there tour guide says jump... they are 6 feet in the air :D:D:D... feck it was funny

Given the terrible news from Pakistan today I am sure we are all very thankful that you are chilling out in the relative safety of India.

An Italian lady making you Christmas dinner:aidan Sure does it get any better:beer:

Ride safe and enjoy the craic.:thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom