Fitting winglets to a 2008 1200GS

If you have never dropped your GS/GSA then either you are a riding god or you are'nt trying hard enough :augie

Here is my last, but one, off and you can see that it floats very high, i.e. nowhere near the wings. The wings shouldn't be damaged unless something unusual happens, such as hitting something or being hit by a flying rider.

Did you swerve to avoid those discarded gloves? :)

I'll telly you that track was slippy as fck with a wet claggy powdery dust. I just couldnt control the bike and my tyres were clogged

Has someone fitted winglets to an 07 GS with a Ergo screen?

Yes I did on a 55 plate bike, just be very careful were you position the winglets so they do not rub on the screen, they will fit but there is no adjustment after, unless you fit the winglets further back than normal.

Has anybody dropped the bike with winglets fitted on a GS? I take it they would just snap off and not damage anything else - they seem to stick out quite far...

Another drop and no damage to the winglets ( or anything else ):thumb

IMG_0096.jpg

Just this myself today and was a simple job. I used the Dremel pilot hole from below method and then drilled out from the top with a 6mm bit and my cordless drill. Hardest part was digging through my box of nuts/bolts to find plastic washers.

Just this myself today and was a simple job. I used the Dremel pilot hole from below method and then drilled out from the top with a 6mm bit and my cordless drill. Hardest part was digging through my box of nuts/bolts to find plastic washers.

My OEM winglets cracked. Fitting the aftermarket type showed a possible reason as they sat high at one end or the other. The fix was to use penny washers either side of winglet with thin slices of coolant hose as spacers under the rear screws.

Is this a thread revival record? Dead for 8 years then springs back to life!!!

Back
Top Bottom