Hi All
Just been looked at mine, could do with replacing a wee bit foggy :augie

Guess what i've just ordered? :rolleyes:

Great tip Steptoe! :D

Hi All
Just been looked at mine, could do with replacing a wee bit foggy :augie

Guess what i've just ordered? :rolleyes:

Great tip Steptoe! :D

Using Steptoes method it takes longer to type this than replace the glass :thumb2

you'll find that's the case with most items :augie people always assume the independant suppliers are always the cheapest.

I get almost all my parts from a main dealer after comparing the prices :D

Over here, our dealer spares prices seem to be Motor works or similar x 2:blast

A word of warning

I know I am going to leave myself open to a whole heap of derision on this one, but if I stop someone else making the same mistake it will be worth it.

As usual Steptoe is spot on, it is a two minute job (at most) BUT make sure that your 30mm socket is not some fancy-dan thin walled thing as otherwise it will be too small and you will end up mashing the replacement "glass":augie

Tried it with my old faithfull Draper set and it was fine. I know I was stupid and should have used my own brain rather than just follow the instructions, but hey to err is human, to forgive........ a sign of weakness!

I am changing mine as part of a service and the old sight glass refuses to budge. Started off drilling a small hole and put a self tapping screw in which I then attached to grips, but it refused to budge, put a second screw in and it still refused to budge. I have now removed all of the plastic and still cannot force the remainder out. Frustrating is not the word!!

I am changing mine as part of a service and the old sight glass refuses to budge. Started off drilling a small hole and put a self tapping screw in which I then attached to grips, but it refused to budge, put a second screw in and it still refused to budge. I have now removed all of the plastic and still cannot force the remainder out. Frustrating is not the word!!

I had the same problem but a few choice words and a bigger screwdriver did the job,
The new one went in easy enough after I gave the area a bit of a clean.

Back
Top Bottom