Scugdale Green Lane Today

Harry Nicholson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Nice to see a Green Lane correctly sign posted .

Later on the lane was blocked .

Managed to saw off the offending root & remove the tree to the side .

Need to repair this damaged gate . Think the local TRF section might contribute here .

The way up from Swainby .

A good day trail riding .

ps can anybody please tell me how to append comments to the individual photos ?

Harry

Attachments

• IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 537
I may be wrong (is there more than one lane up Scuggy?) but there is a voluntary closure during lambing season.
If so please don't use, if not, accept my apologies.
TRF 'keep 'em sweet' policy.
Appreciate none TRF folk my not be aware.

Looks to have been a few runs over here recently, must call by more often :augie

I may be wrong (is there more than one lane up Scuggy?) but there is a voluntary closure during lambing season.
If so please don't use, if not, accept my apologies.
TRF 'keep 'em sweet' policy.
Appreciate none TRF folk my not be aware.

Looks to have been a few runs over here recently, must call by more often :augie
Hi Fritz

The temp. TRF lane closure is from Whorlton House to Huthwaite Green . There is a TRF sign on the gate on the Scugdale road. This lane is at the Swainby ( West ) end of Scugdale .

Scuggy , proper name Mill Lane is at the other ( East) end of Scugdale . The photos are definately from Mill Lane ( I know I was there !!!! ).

No need for any apology .

Regards

Harry

Sound Harry - I've never even been up there on the BM, only walking or climbing so wasn't aware there was even a choice, pleased to know there are still lots of lanes to discover. Guessing mainly via a Serow rather than the BM up that neck of the woods though ?
Thanks for clarification :thumb
Cheers Fritz ;)

Hi Fritz

The temp. TRF lane closure is from Whorlton House to Huthwaite Green . There is a TRF sign on the gate on the Scugdale road. This lane is at the Swainby ( West ) end of Scugdale .

Scuggy , proper name Mill Lane is at the other ( East) end of Scugdale . The photos are definately from Mill Lane ( I know I was there !!!! ).

No need for any apology .

Regards

Harry

pleased to know there are still lots of lanes to discover. Guessing mainly via a Serow rather than the BM up that neck of the woods though ?

[/QUOTE]

Fritz , yes a Serow would be good , but most lanes can be done on a boxer . The only concern would be in picking the bike up in the event of an off . Copley Moor would have been difficult but unfortunately has now been TRO`d . Not sure if the signs have been erected yet , must check it out .

Harry

Another one (lane) bites the dust

Another Lane lost (to add to a lengthening list on the NYMNPA NE fringes)

Was fell running up there and saw yet another shiny plate atop a pole at Scugdale Hall.

April 2009 Bev was on the cover of 'Trail' with the pair of Serows here.

:(

On two feet (or cycle) now.

And other than us out running, **** all folk anywhere :augie

I thought it was open ?

Nice new '619 Motor vehicles prohibited' sign on track by Scugdale Hall Johnny - also a new one above Toft Hill up near Wainstones. Don't know if the other lanes in area effected - or if access other end (be a bit pointless)

YYMNPA are tightening the noose :mad:

Hope you've cheered up? Back to 'flashing' in public :augie

By the way the lane (from Scuggy side) looked no different erosion wise than in 2009 or images above...crackers :( assume TRF aware anyway

Back
Top Bottom