ANOTHER Megamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, cheers for the link to here. Your new toy is lovely, I love the blue thats on it and it looks like a fun ride, I want one :green gri

UPDATE;

Another couple of outings and the Odometer is reading 857. Nothing further to add ,really. Motor is loosening off, Strong Torque still causing fits of Giggles, Tank goes from brimmed to "50 miles left" Warning in around 120 miles but i can see that figure reducing (Super de-caff,too) :eek:,should be over 1000 miles by the time i get settled in at the TT on Thursday.I'm looking forward to some "Mountain Mileage".:thumb

Great looking bike...just like mine.

I've got over 4,000 miles on mine. Still love it. You're doing better with the tank range than I am. I run about 85 miles before the light comes on but I'm running full throttle most of the time in the foothills.

Find the most twisty road you can imagine and invite your friends to keep up with you. Ear to ear smiles.

To be Honest,Naked Rider,i'm expecting my mileage figures to drop once i've finished Running-In. I've gone by the book and only used 4000 RPM for 1st 600 miles and have only gradually increased this.However,the Bike is not a Tourer and it was bought because of what it is,so i really don't give a Rats Ass about MPG.I'll buy petrol when i need to.:thumb

If you want a good deal on a M Moto...I've just traded mine in for a GS Adventure.
Its sitting in the BMW garage in Dundee for 9995 quid.

UPDATE;

Back from the TT and have 1870 Miles on the Clock.Had a good few laps of the TT Course and the Bike is really impressing.Light,Tight Handling,Plenty of Grunt,Gearbox Positive,More than enough Top End given the Lack of Screen and Flat Bars.
I'm no John McGuiness but i lost count of the number of Sports Bikes that i chased down and lost through twisty bits.Tempering that,there were a few that blitzed me but overall i am chuffed.I did not get more than 115 showing and then only on the Mountain but i could carry a lot of corner speed and that made me feel very good.I must be getting to know my way round,now. I doubt i could challenge someone like Paul Young who is very fast AND safe,but i'm happy. :thumb2

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

Who cares what its purpose is, when something's that beautiful, it's enough just to be - it doesn't need a reason.

If it had pillion pegs, I wouldn't be getting a GSA!

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

Who cares what its purpose is, when something's that beautiful, it's enough just to be - it doesn't need a reason.

If it had pillion pegs, I wouldn't be getting a GSA!

and a comfy seat
and a screen
and luggage
and a fuel range
and I still love them though

grinning-smiley-039.gif

and a comfy seat
and a screen
and luggage
and a fuel range
and I still love them though

grinning-smiley-039.gif

A screen would be really nice, the rest I can live with or sort. The only people I've found listing a screen is Wunderlich, and they have no idea at all when they may be in stock :( :(

If anyone knows anyone else making a screen for the MM, pleeeaase let me know :thumb2

Thanks for the Pix Joebar. Personally,i would not fit a screen that big but i would like to fit some handguards.What have you used and could you show the Mounting brackets,please. :thumb2

I picked mine up at 1pm and rode home, 436 miles.

All I can say is that if Ferris Bueller had another day off, he'd take the MegaMoto.

"it is so choice. If you have the means, I would seriously recommend picking one up"

Ian

Thanks for the Pix Joebar. Personally,i would not fit a screen that big but i would like to fit some handguards.What have you used and could you show the Mounting brackets,please. :thumb2

The screen pic's are not of my bike Dave, but I really would like a screen for long distance on mine as it takes a lot of pressure off my back which is dodgy at the best of times.

I think the handguards on the bike in the pic's look like 1200GS items, I know a guy in Belgium has them fitted as well, and that they need the 1200GS bar ends as well.

Cheers,Joebar.I thought they were GS12 items but was not sure.I'll check the fitting of them.Ta.

This is the post I'd found about it on Adv Rider, might help -

The 2 pieces of metal at the end of the handlebar had to be machined to be reduced.

The hand gards of GS2008 are to long, better the ones of previous model.

I did a little 'promenade' today, very light bike.
I begin to really love it.
Did only 88 km, very few but very pleasant.

http://jemelapetenflat.xooit.be/t570...f.htm?start=15

UPDATE;

Mileage now 2200. Nothing else to Report other than some of the "Missing Bling" has been fitted. I've now got the Carbon Fibre Rocker Cover Shrouds (with VERY nice,but discreet HP Logos) fitted.Also got a Carbon Fibre Tax Disc Holder (GOT to be worth 2 BHP/5 MPH ?).
Next up will be the HPN/Akrapovic Exhaust with C/F Can, C/F Handguards (the Pre Facelift GS12 Brackets,needed, should be available soon),C/F inlet Tube with K&N Filter(if available),Frame Plugs and Frame Protectors. Once the Exhaust is on,i may try a Rear Hugger although the Standard Splash Guard really does a good job and i'm not really likely to be out if it's P*SS*NG DOWN !

Dee Tee,Mega Tosser :thumb2

Standard Splash Guard really does a good job and i'm not really likely to be out if it's P*SS*NG DOWN !

Dee Tee,Mega Tosser :thumb2

You must be lucky, it seems to rain every time I swing my leg over mine, I've never cleaned a bike as much :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom