ANOTHER Megamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had as much Rain as elsewhere.I just choose to watch a DVD instead of going out in it !!:thumb

I don't choose to go out in the rain, last week I checked 4 seperate forecasts before leaving and all showed dry - it still plssed down a hour after setting off :spitfire :spitfire

UPDATE;

Mileage now 2440,so not much more done.On Monday i took a run up to DH Autos, in Newcastle Under Lyme, to get a repair done to an Alpinestars Jacket.Left there and took a run over familiar Peak District Roads,then home.

Went to Bassets Pole Bike Night Tonight.I could have done without it but a workmate wanted to show off his new bike and also wanted to see the HP2MM,so off i went.Got there,did the obligatory mooch round the Bikes,got back to show Mick round mine and found , , , , , , THE BLOODY HEADLIGHT GLASS WAS SMASHED !!!! :spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire.

It must have been a stone or similar,either way,i doubt that a replacement will be cheap. Yonkyo,i feel your Pain !

Bad luck Dave, looking like headlights are a £90 touch :mad:, same part as the X Challenge though so hopefully available without much of a wait.

Bad luck Dave, looking like headlights are a £90 touch :mad:, same part as the X Challenge though so hopefully available without much of a wait.

I phoned a couple of Dealers and they reckon the HP2MM Part is not in stock anywhere in the UK and will take a week to order from Germany :( . I'll get on to Pidcocks tomorrow and order one.

Got the new Headlight unit fitted today, £120 + change !!!
Good news is that it is the same as the G Series Supermoto which keeps the price down.The Unit comes with a new Headlight Bulb but,oddly enough,no Sidelight Bulb so i had to buy a new one.
Mental Note; "Don't be following too close to Traffic".

Next up,i've given up on trying to get a set of Akrapovic Headers so i'm getting a set of Remus ones.I have yet to make my mind up about a silencer.Akrapovic do a VERY NICE Titanium one (e-marked and removable baffle) that weighs half of Feck All or i might go for a Carbon Fibre Remus one :nenau. The CF will probably go better with the other CF Bling fitted.

Next up,i've given up on trying to get a set of Akrapovic Headers so i'm getting a set of Remus ones.

Dave I'm presuming the Remus headers will fit with the standard can (I know you hate it, but I don't mind it), do you have a price, and would whoever sells them do a deal on 2 sets, could be interested ???

Dave I'm presuming the Remus headers will fit with the standard can (I know you hate it, but I don't mind it), do you have a price, and would whoever sells them do a deal on 2 sets, could be interested ???

TBH,i don't know about the Headers/STD Can. I have not priced the parts up yet as i'm off to nthe Manx GP for a week,soon so i'll see what money i've got left afterwards. I'll enquire about a deal,though,as that sounds like a good idea :thumb2.

TBH,i don't know about the Headers/STD Can. I have not priced the parts up yet as i'm off to nthe Manx GP for a week,soon so i'll see what money i've got left afterwards. I'll enquire about a deal,though,as that sounds like a good idea :thumb2.

No rush Dave, whenever, I'm off to Italy at the end of the month anyway. If they're sensible money I'd be happy to get rid of the cat :) ;)

As i said earlier,i've run into a wall with trying to get an aftermarket exhaust.
Akrapovic make a GS Race System with "Shotgun Silencers". Big Simp has/had one on his Moto'd GS,looks the biz but i want a single silencer.I cannot get just the headers from the UK Importers.HPN in Germany list a Full System for HP2/GS12 @ 2100 Euros :eek: but won't answer my e-mails about buying one. BMW Mottorad deny the existence of the Evo System and don't list any aftermaket Non Cat Headers.I've run this situation past several folk who are "in the know" and keep getting told that GS systems won't fit,mounting points different etc etc.Out of curiosity,i've bought a BOS system,from a UKGSer (NOT the one who is leaving/staying/having a clear-out). I reckon the system will fit so next Monday i'm off in a van,with the bike and BOS system.
Plan A
1/Dyno Run with Std System
2/Replace Std System with BOS System
3/Dyno Run with BOS System with Baffle in
4/Dyno Run with BOS System with Baffle out

If it all goes T%ts up at Step 2,i have not,as yet,formulated Plan B though Wunderlich list a set of Non Cat Headers so, , , , , , ,

Oh well, Dave, if it doesn't work out and you need a buyer for the Bos system at a sensible price let me know please.

I'm still interested in some non-cat headers to go with the standard can, which I prefer the looks of compared to the other aftermarket ones I've seen.

I'm off to the Cologne Show in 3 weeks time and will be having a look on the Remus / Laser / Wunderlich / Touratech stands as well as any of the others I find.

I'll report back if I find anything of interest. :)

Oh well, Dave, if it doesn't work out and you need a buyer for the Bos system at a sensible price let me know please.

Will do,Brian

I'm still interested in some non-cat headers to go with the standard can, which I prefer the looks of compared to the other aftermarket ones I've seen.
I'm off to the Cologne Show in 3 weeks time and will be having a look on the Remus / Laser / Wunderlich / Touratech stands as well as any of the others I find.
I'll report back if I find anything of interest. :)

Cheers, Joe Bar :thumb2

As i said earlier,i've run into a wall with trying to get an aftermarket exhaust.
Akrapovic make a GS Race System with "Shotgun Silencers". Big Simp has/had one on his Moto'd GS,looks the biz but i want a single silencer.I cannot get just the headers from the UK Importers.HPN in Germany list a Full System for HP2/GS12 @ 2100 Euros :eek: but won't answer my e-mails about buying one. BMW Mottorad deny the existence of the Evo System and don't list any aftermaket Non Cat Headers.I've run this situation past several folk who are "in the know" and keep getting told that GS systems won't fit,mounting points different etc etc.Out of curiosity,i've bought a BOS system,from a UKGSer (NOT the one who is leaving/staying/having a clear-out). I reckon the system will fit so next Monday i'm off in a van,with the bike and BOS system.
Plan A
1/Dyno Run with Std System
2/Replace Std System with BOS System
3/Dyno Run with BOS System with Baffle in
4/Dyno Run with BOS System with Baffle out

If it all goes T%ts up at Step 2,i have not,as yet,formulated Plan B though Wunderlich list a set of Non Cat Headers so, , , , , , ,

Does the Remus system not fit?? It fits the Enduro bike and with the Grand Prix can it's wickedly loud and very free flowing :cool: You could give the guys at Performance Parts a call, they've always been very helpful to me despite buying next to nothing from them :eek: (RickA did all the bling buying for my bike)

Hi Mav,the Remus probably WILL fit. It seems that despite a,seeming,conspiracy between BMW/Akropovic suggesting otherwise,any System that fits a GS12 will fit the HP2E and HP2MM.I had a Remus System on my 06 GS12,so know of their Quality and Performance.The Bos System came up here and i thought it worth a punt. As i said,i'll do a Dyno run Std and then fit the Bos and compare.Watch this Space:D.

Surely any system that fits the enduro will fit the mega......am i missing something here? i am running staintune headers mated to a k1200r powercup race can on my enduro at the moment and it runs great .

Surely any system that fits the enduro will fit the mega......am i missing something here? i am running staintune headers mated to a k1200r powercup race can on my enduro at the moment and it runs great .

I don't know, but I have checked the HP2E, HP2MM, R12GS and R12R header pipe part numbers and they are all different, so I'm not sure where the difference lies, unless it's the angle / position of the outlet to the silencer.

Akra Titanium full race system on MM

There's a guy in the far east (named cyclop on Advrider) who mounted a set of Remus headers to an aftermarket Akra sport can on his MM. He needed to weld a few loops on the header so the springs with the Akra can would work but was able to get it to work.

I have the full Titanium Akra race system and its real nice. Not too loud with the baffle in and a serious improvement in power above 6krpms. The headers on this system will not fit the stock Akra can on the MM and I dont even think they are sold separately. The system was hold your breath, $2,925 USD. Its a great system and my only issue is that the base of the can comes real close to rubbing the rear tire regardless of how I try to position the can. I would assume this system was originally designed for the HP2 Enduro with its narrower rear tire and thus the reduced clearance with the MMs 180 rear tire. Here are some pics of the system installed.

371241279_S8hGs-M.jpg

371241528_MbxKj-M.jpg

371241355_62hFH-M.jpg

371241650_4AHoe-M.jpg

Thanks fixinbones,the Ti System is the one i'm after.Problem is,BMW UK deny it exists,the Akrapovic Importers for the UK cannot get one as Akra won't list it so i may have to source from outside the UK. The Dollar price seems about the same as the Euro price quoted by HPN.I cannot get HPN to answer e-mails so just as a back up,where did you get your system? Cheers,Dave.

Hi,

First post.

Just need to weld 2 loops to the Remus header and it will match the Akra. The Akra is from the BMW Performance parts catalogue for the HP2 Enduro.

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

The Remus header will not match the stock MM exhaust due to the double-walled coupling sleeve of the stock exhaust.

There's a guy in the far east (named cyclop on Advrider) who mounted a set of Remus headers to an aftermarket Akra sport can on his MM. He needed to weld a few loops on the header so the springs with the Akra can would work but was able to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom