ANOTHER Megamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks fixinbones,the Ti System is the one i'm after.Problem is,BMW UK deny it exists,the Akrapovic Importers for the UK cannot get one as Akra won't list it so i may have to source from outside the UK. The Dollar price seems about the same as the Euro price quoted by HPN.I cannot get HPN to answer e-mails so just as a back up,where did you get your system? Cheers,Dave.

I got mine from Max BMW motorcycles in NY. Max Stratton, the owner, brings a crew to pikes peak every year to race HP2s and Megamotos. He said he usually keeps one of these systems in stock at most times. You can reach him by email at max.stratton@maxbmwmotorcycles.com Tell him Jay Simoncic from Long Island hooked you up. He actually personally delevered my Megamoto to my house so he will remember me. He's a great guy and very approachable for a principal in the business. Let me know how it goes. The exhaust really wakes up the top end of the bike. Its just an animal now!!!!!

A screen would be really nice, the rest I can live with or sort. The only people I've found listing a screen is Wunderlich, and they have no idea at all when they may be in stock :( :(

If anyone knows anyone else making a screen for the MM, pleeeaase let me know :thumb2

Here ya go, FAR handle the exports for the sister company Isotta Italy. Enquire about item sc982 or sc983......82 is the lower version.

www.far.it

export@far.it

Nice one Marc. As I've said in previous posts, not cheap, but very good quality and really transaforms the all round usability of the bike for me. Best money I've spent on the bike yet (apart from the petrol :) :) )

The following step will be the aux tank from Markus :thumb2

So that, we have the wind protection, the power, the range, the design, the dampers, the heating grips, the perfect frame, the ABS and some upgrades for top and/or lateral cases...

In one word : The PERFECT bike :bow

I'm still interested in some non-cat headers to go with the standard can, which I prefer the looks of compared to the other aftermarket ones I've seen.

With a bit of help, now managed to locate some non-cat headers to fit the standard Megamoto can. On order, should be a couple of weeks as he's re-tooling this week.

hp2megamoto1mediumcn4.jpg

p9250007mediumhr6.jpg

Coming from Aros in Italy - http://www.arosmarmitte.it

Also trying to find some more info on this -

p1000352qd1pm2pk4.jpg

Thank you for the info. :thumb

Does somebody has used a R1200S head pipes for the MM & kept
original can in place ?? :mmmm

Why the header change Joe? After a couple more BHP?

Joe,i hope your Mods are progressing.Mine came to a shuddering halt due to work,buying a van and having the KTM to play on :eek:
I've decided to have the Evo Akrapovic system so i'm banging in as much overtime as i can to fund it. I'll place an order as soon as i have the Cash. Once i've got the Pipe,i'll be getting the MM Dyno'd then changing the Pipe and doing a comparison Dyno run.
The frustrating part for the Watchers is that seeing as the Gritters will be out playing soon,there is no rush to get the job done.

Yup,Lightweight,Fair Weather Wuss !!

Watchers is that seeing as the Gritters will be out playing soon,there is no rush to get the job done.

I was just thinking that today as well. Hoping for a few more days out on the Megamoto before the salt arrives though, then it will be back to the CCM for the crap and the Rockster for those sunny winter days.

Just in the process of installing heated grips (can't believe the dealer ordered a bike without them :rolleyes:), should be done tomorrow if my new grips arrive.

When the header pipes arrive, I think I'm done. At least my wife hopes so ;)

Joe,i just missed you at Pidcocks today.Curtis said that i was the 3rd HP2MM of the weekend :blast. I'm off to trade for something EXCLUSIVE !! :thumb

Bummer, shame that. Curtis told me he'd sold another to a guy in Alfreton a couple of weeks ago.

That said, I've yet to see another MM on the road. I was leaving my mates in Sawley later this afternoon and caught the back end of a HP2 go by and thought it might have been you, but turned out to be an Enduro when I caught him up.

Joe,i hope your Mods are progressing.Mine came to a shuddering halt due to work,buying a van and having the KTM to play on :eek:
I've decided to have the Evo Akrapovic system so i'm banging in as much overtime as i can to fund it. I'll place an order as soon as i have the Cash. Once i've got the Pipe,i'll be getting the MM Dyno'd then changing the Pipe and doing a comparison Dyno run.
The frustrating part for the Watchers is that seeing as the Gritters will be out playing soon,there is no rush to get the job done.

Yup,Lightweight,Fair Weather Wuss !!

Looking forward to hearing how much the power gain is.

UPDATE Mileage 3020
Well,seeing as the recent Rain had washed the Salt off the Roads,i took advantage of my day off and actually took the Megamoto out. A workmate wanted to get some mileage in on his Fazer 6 as he's not long passed his Test so;
Tamworth>Coleshill>Nuneaton>Lutterworth>Mkt Harborough> Corby> Oakham>Melton>Loughboro>Ashby>Tamworth.
130 uneventful miles.Bike is running really nicely and there is nothing else to report.

I've ordered the Evo Ti Akrapovic Exhaust :eek: .The Plan is Dyno Stock,Fit Pipe and K&N,Dyno with Baffle in and with Baffle out.Assess whether Power Commander (or similar) will be needed.

Watch This Space, , , :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom