Saturday Road Ride finalised

For all us neanderthal's with no GPS and who rely on little books with pretty coloured lines, could we possibly have a non GDB file with a conventional route list please Paul.

Then I can work out where we're all going otherwise I'll feel lost and inadequate all day on Saturday. :tears

So we aint the only ones with out twat nav, thats good to know :D

For all us neanderthal's with no GPS and who rely on little books with pretty coloured lines, could we possibly have a non GDB file with a conventional route list please Paul.

Then I can work out where we're all going otherwise I'll feel lost and inadequate all day on Saturday. :tears

Just for you ..:)

Attachments

• Bask.jpg
    Bask.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 155
i might not make the start, but hope to make lunch (most important bit).

would that be at the pub or the cafe? and approximate time?

I think people loading the route file on their GPS units, Zumo's in particular, are going to have problems. Your unit will recalculate it when importing it, and when it does you'll end up a different route.

There are some strange via points in the attached file?

I think people loading the route file on their GPS units, Zumo's in particular, are going to have problems. Your unit will recalculate it when importing it, and when it does you'll end up a different route.

just put it into my gpsMap60Csx. my unit is one with the infuriating habit of recalculating a route instead of just loading it as created (as a 2610 would do).

there is a possibility that the final route comes out slightly different, but i could always put more vias in to head that problem off. might go back and do that actually :eek:

paul's original file seems to have been created in v.8, so i would advise anyone with later versions to recalculate on their PC before d/l to your unit.

just put it into my gpsMap60Csx. my unit is one with the infuriating habit of recalculating a route instead of just loading it as created (as a 2610 would do).

there is a possibility that the final route comes out slightly different, but i could always put more vias in to head that problem off. might go back and do that actually :eek:

paul's original file seems to have been created in v.8, so i would advise anyone with later versions to recalculate on their PC before d/l to your unit.
It was created with City Nav v9... the only reason MetroGuide v8 maps are in the gdb file is because I forgot to remove them after uploading them to Lucy's GPSMap 60c :blast

Forgive my ignorance but:

Would it not be easier and more fun to simply follow the 'second man drop off system' as described in the first post? :nenau surly better than people going off at a tangent (because his GPS said to turn left instead of right) with half the group following blindly on.

Still nothing like a mystery tour. ;)

Have a great day out guys :thumb2 I'm sure you'll all end up switching your own GPSs off and following the leader anyway.

Val.

It was created with City Nav v9... the only reason MetroGuide v8 maps are in the gdb file is because I forgot to remove them after uploading them to Lucy's GPSMap 60c :blast

Forgive my ignorance but:

Would it not be easier and more fun to simply follow the 'second man drop off system' as described in the first post? :nenau surly better than people going off at a tangent (because his GPS said to turn left instead of right) with half the group following blindly on.

I posted the warning so what you describe didn't happen, if only to allay the deluge of "my gps is crap" posts after the weekend.

If someones daft enough to ignore the guy at the drop off point and follow the route on the GPS instead then thats their lookout.

For anyone with an interest in local history, this route takes us past Twm Sion Catis' hideaway / cave.

Always heard a lot about it as a kid, but never knew where it was till today.

I'll try and get the co-ordinates for it (at least then you can see roughly where it is) but I think its a few minutes walk from the road.

BTW my GPS will be on, only because I like to see the track log / any new waypoints etc after a rideout. As Kevin says only the lead rider and tail end Charlie really need the route if we all use the drop off system.

Well we dont even have any gps, have always managed fine up until now :hide Borrowed one once for a trip up North in a cage and was impressed with its ability to get you to the door, one day when we are wealthy like you lot we will get one for the bike :D:D

Route File Version ?

Hi

Which version was the route file created with my garmin software only allows gdb files vers 2 and below. The route is cool have ridden a lot of it before but a great ride. Dont really need the route but would be cool to tranfers to my 2610 just to see it all.

Cheers Geoff

Back
Top Bottom