UGGS NEW GEARBOX

D6

Reaction score
following last weeks ride,uggs gearbox was finally on its last legs, 3rd gear was gone , and it was jumping out of 5th too:eek:
a box had been previously procured of MUPPET (top chap, )the right hand side had been cracked where it got overtightened, so i got it welded at work:thumb,,no probs,
the garage was cleared and work beganP5160003.JPG

all the parts were removed, footrests, filters, exaust, tank ,seat, etc, taking note of everything we did, as ive never done a beemer before P5160004.JPG
it all was pretty sraightforward,everything came apart easily, a thing which im not used to , usually having to do jap bikes

the wheel was removed, brake tied outa the way and rear subframe loosened,tea made
P5160005.JPG
was doing well, ugg had not broke anything, and i had not snapped owt:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

looking at the manual it says strip rear end down, we ignored this and removed the abs gubbins instead, P5160007.JPG
this was to enable the rear subframe to be lifted up to get the gearbox out,,it was easier stripping the rear:thumb
the sump guard, starter cover, battery was removed

the abs was hung over the side and tied up, tea was made again

the rear was lifted
P5160010.JPG
i was all for making brackets to leave it like this(worlds first fightered gs?)but the top box hit ugg,s head,and all his tools fell out of his tool box:(

yes , i admit it ,,,the pink tie downs are mine,(no one EVER trys to pinch em)

the swing arm was removed, we heated the pivot bolts, but it was pretty easy, we removed it in one big lump its not heavy, surprisingly,:D
P5160011.JPG
the gearbox that we are removing will be stripped to be rebuilt, at my leisure,which probably means a long long time away

as i said most things were removed in large pieces, we then stripped an checked them on the bench, for nearly 80,000 miles it was all in order, P5160012.JPG
all bearings, shafts etc all really good,
surprising , as ugg usually rides around on crap:augie:augie:augie

so far ,so good, only bad thing was this connector to the power plugP5160013.JPG,

wasnt a prob though, just needed cleaning up ,to all those that have rotting 1200,s,all i can say is buy a 1100, this one gets ridden and left out all winter ,and its all still fine

gear box was then removed,,,easy peasy, 6 bolts and out,,,i like bm,s more and more ,
P5160014.JPG
the jack was to keep it all straight so the clutch rod didnt get bent,

the clutch wasnt removed, just a visible check,
P5160015.JPG
again, remarkable condition for the milage, all seemed in order , so it was degreased around the casings and left,tea was made

muppet had informed us the gear thingy was dicky and the cluch stuck when hot,as a precaution, ugg,s scottish cousin ,Mad Ugg McUgg,came over and helped,and we swopped them over from english uggs box
P5160016.JPG

muppet, either your clutch was fekked or it was this sticking,its all ok now :thumb2:thumb2 P5160017.JPG
apologys for my curlers i was up early and forgot to take them out:thumb

ugg,s southern softy nephew was over , we had probs getting the little bolts out, so we let his feminine fingers do it:eek P5160019.JPG:

P5160018.JPG
he turned a bit funny,we,ve shot him, was the only humane thing to do:eek:

P5160020.JPG
tip , replace the bolts holding this on with allen bolts:thumb2

new box on, easy ,,,,,,torqued up, and ready

P5160021.JPGfor the following day,,,
tea was NOT made, it was time for a proper drink
i WILL post some more a bit later:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
this will give you time to remove any children, infirm old folk,and sufferers of a weak heart off to bed,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:D

packed up for night, whisky out, resulting in the birth of uggetta,the alcoholic single parent slapper from cas
P5160024.JPG
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

next morning , things wernt as wierd,,,,,,
starter motor was fitted, etc, torqued up correctlyP5170025.JPG
and any other parts we could fit, to keep the floor clear:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom