Bike hire in South Africa

Navy Boy

Reaction score
Hi All

Looking for some info. SWMBO and I are heading off to SA for 2 weeks this Xmas. We are looking to hire a bike for the first week (Unlimited Kms will be eessential).

Anyone got any ideas?

Where are you heading?

I found bike hire difficult in Durban but hooked up with Roger at the BMW off road school there and had an ace weekend. He could organise a great few days for you either into Lesotho or off road to the battle fields.

I hired in cape Town and was able to ride the garden route for 8 days with route plans and hotels booked ahead. A bit more expensive (albeit cheep by UK standards) but the hotels were excellent and the food beyond historic - I'll get out details if you are interested.

If you want to ride from Johannesburg, may the Lord have mercy on you!

Namibia is excellent and there are some hire firms there.

cheers

Simon

I did a tour of SA with Karoo Biking who provided 1200GSes; I'm not sure if they will just hire the bikes without the tour though. We actually picked the bikes up from the dealership in Capetown so maybe you can hire direct from them.

Chaps

Thanks for the replies thus far. The plan is to pick-up and drop the bikes off in Jo'burg. We're planning on riding down to Mpumulanga (I went to school there as a kid) for 5-6 days before riding back to Jo'burg and then flying off down to CT.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom