HID50.com exclusive

Had a box delivered today... looks like I'm gonna be busy.

lights02.jpg

Cheers Les :thumb

Les, Iam Considering Options for my winter commute on a F650GS (single). Having read through your website would my best option be a upgraded lamp in the headlight (Philips, PIAA etc) with a pair of HID aux driving lamps?

Regards

Si

Les, Iam Considering Options for my winter commute on a F650GS (single). Having read through your website would my best option be a upgraded lamp in the headlight (Philips, PIAA etc) with a pair of HID aux driving lamps?

Regards

Si

You find that the HiD will always drown out the Halogen light, the DE's HiD are spot on, if you have the light bracket they would be a good option.

:thumb2

No have not got a light bracket at the mo - but are you saying it would be worth HIDing the main beam as well?

No have not got a light bracket at the mo - but are you saying it would be worth HIDing the main beam as well?

You may find the HiD improvment to the main beam is enough and aux lights are not required.

Thanks Les

Les fitted a HID kit to my dipped beam on Thursday afternoon (1150GSA). I rode home in daylight and still illuminated the road signs.

Les did a really neat job which I am very happy with.

Thanks Les.

A set of those DE`s will be next on the shopping list

HIDs

Can anyone tell me if there is a stockist of Les's HIDs
(someone who will also fit) in the South West??
Are these stocked by the BM dealers, I know I can buy the kit from Les but not the best technician:blast

Are these stocked by the BM dealers, I know I can buy the kit from Les but not the best technician:blast

I think Les only sells from his website.

If you're near Bristol I can probably help as I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago. It's not difficult, just a pain finding the space for the ballasts.

I'd endorse using Mr Wassell of this Parish.

I've had a set of his HID kit and if you only do the dipped beam (not main Beam) you'll find it money worth spent, if only for the quality of the kit, the guidance, ease of installation & support for the new installer from Mr W.

Just changing the standard headlight from B M wubble-U standard to HID will make an amazing improvement. Having also done the main beam myself I'm not sure I'd bother doing it again, only because (in my opinion) the (OE B M W) reflector can't make use of the increased light.

If Carlsberg did HID, they'd probably use Wassel!:).

SLM have stocked some, and we are about to have a couple of stockists but they don't do fitting (and one is a very big GS parts supplier ;) )
Mail me with your location and I'll see if I can put you onto someone :thumb2

Maybee a ride out workshop one weekend :thumb

F800GS?

Have some very good mounting points on the F650/800 have fitted a few now, but no mounting kit due to limited space on the bikes.
:thumb2

Hi Les, Can you send me some details on fitting to the 800? I'm no techie either and I'd like to see what I might be getting myself into! :blast

Cheers,

A

Hi Les, Can you send me some details on fitting to the 800? I'm no techie either and I'd like to see what I might be getting myself into! :blast

Cheers,

A

mail me at the gmail address and I can send you some :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom