HID50.com exclusive

HIDs for F800GS...

Hi Les, I've just sent an email to your gmail address (using my real name just to confuse the issue). I'd like a price for main and dip for my F800GS please. Thanks!

Many thanks Les,

Kit arrived quickly, bike already prepped, and it really was as close to "plug 'n' play" as you could get. Finished the install up with one of those LED sidelight bulbs.

Regarding ballasts, the HID50 ballasts will fit nicely one each side in the space between the beak and the edge of the oil cooler. It obviously complicates things a bit taking the beak off, but I thought that gap would allow some cooling airflow without too much muck/sh*t/water getting in there.

Just got to wait for some darker Scottish mornings/nights on my trip to/from work to see the improvement.

:beerjug:

Iain

With help from Les, I've gone from this...

lights02.jpg

To this...

lightsfront.jpg

lightslside.jpg

lightsrside.jpg

Haven't had a good chance to try them out properly as I've been virtually housebound for the last 2 weeks:tears, but the trip to set them up on a dark unlit road was enough to convince me that it's been money well spent.
Thanks to Les for his help in answering my queries during the fitting.:thumb

Les supplies the brackets to mount the ballasts, 4 under the beak and 2 inside the panels which join the cover for the fuel tank. They are well out of the way and can only be seen if you look for them.

igbox03.jpg

Photo of the ballast mounted to the side bracket...

ballastside.jpg

The igniter boxes are mounted to wherever I could find space for them...

igbox01.jpg

migselmount02.jpg

It was not too difficult to fit everything, just time consuming.

Photo of the ballast mounted to the side bracket...
ballastside.jpg

The igniter boxes are mounted to wherever I could find space for them...
It was not too difficult to fit everything, just time consuming.

Great job, looks neat and well placed.:clap:thumb2 Does the side brackets also fit the 50watt balasts?

Bad news, no one likes to hear about bikers being killed. Got my lights done by Les, and use them every day. You need to stand out and if more lights help, the more the better.

Back
Top Bottom