HID50.com exclusive

Yep, a choice of purchasing source is great - keeps everyone happy!:bounce1

dont buy

Just come across this post whilst looking for some HID's. Was it dark? Did his lights need to be on?

Have a google for active light camofluage or diffused light camoflauge. Having your lights on, or even brighter isn't always the best way.

Anyway, back to these HID's, good are they? I might get myself some.

no dont buy them
keep yours as they are
with winter coming you will be perfectly safe :augie

...you will piss off other drivers, bikes as well as cars- you will fill their car with white light when you are behind them- they will go for their dipped mirror, some will not even realise they have a dipped mirror and just shade it with their hands- the light will not blind motorists coming towards you- it may make them occasionally flash you, but that’s no more than when BMW cars started fitting HID lamps.
I do 100 miles a day return on the M20- if you make this trip, you will see me- guaranteed! One 50 watt HID kit- no more- Sorry mate, I didn’t see you’- DONE

Given what you've said here, are you sure your lights are properly adjusted?
I'd have them checked, if people were flashing their lights at me. I wouldn't have thought that properly fitted and adjusted HIDs should make other road users react as much as you describe.

Last edited:
...I will be upgrading to HIDs at some point, but I'll be buying from a seller whose feedback on this site is well proven...

On which subject; Les, you have a PM.:D

remember this

I'd have them checked, if people were flashing their lights at me. I wouldn't have thought that properly fitted and adjusted HIDs should make other road users react as much as you describe.

Hi everyone
this has been discussed often but for the new people buying HID's here is a few things to remember
HID's are one of the best life saving things you will ever put on your bike
they are not self levelling - just do your best bearing in mind how you normally ride and set them up for that
1 - everytime you carry a passenger
2 - everytime you put a little weight in the panniers you will lift the height of the front light
3 - every car has its mirror at different heights
4 - the GS is a very tall bike
5 - many sports cars are very low to the floor
6 - we all love speed ramps dont we - up one side and down the other
we can all do our best to align them but we cant please everyone - so expect to be flashed every now and again but dont worry it just means THEY CAN SEE YOU

you will always read about the know all experts who love ramming the law down our throats on this forum quoting this reg and that reg - just ignore the lot

look after number ONE and order them lights asap
take care
Gaz :thumb:thumb

Les, another delighted customer here. Thanks for a really neat fitting this morning as well as the chat and coffee. Your bracket for the ballasts is an excellent bit of kit- far better than zip ties/ velcro or whatever. The lights are awesome. They didn't seem to bother other road users at all except for the guy who pulled out in front of me in Winsford. He got a dose of main beam and I swear his bumper nearly melted. I'm really impressed with the speed the main beam comes on. I know that can be a problem with other equipment. Cheers.:clap

HID- 50's

Sorry for the late response- Yes, I believe my HID to be adjusted corectly- It is people you come up behind in traffic who wince, raqther than those comming towards you! HID is very white/bright light- and the 1200GS has a good refelector. My boss has got a Tiger and hes fitted the HID50 to it and the results are no way as effective as on the Beema.

Cheers Les. box arrived today, mind you i have not seen it yet, the driver returned it to the TNT dept as no one in to sign for it. Rang them and they will deliver to next tomorrow.
:augie:thumb Lyn.

Thanks Les.
TNT man did his thing today....Many thanks Les kit looks to be good gear.
May just have another job for the weekend now.:thumb

E-mail adress

Les
Tried to e-mail you but keeps getting returned. Is it my computer or have you changed address?

Quick question for Les...

Hi Les

I got some main and dip 50 watters from you a few months back. Fantastic lights, but a slight quirk has developed and I wondered if you had any ideas...

Last week out of the blue the dip didn't work and I had a LAMP warning on display. Turned bike off and on and all was well. Used bike a few times since with no problem.

Today, however, the LAMP warning was back, but the light was working fine. After about 20 mins of driving the LAMP warning went away.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - suppose I should have mentioned its a 1200GS

cheers
Darren

Last edited:
Sounds a funny one, i would check the battery over, make sure it's topped up and when you start the bike, switch all the other bits of, so the canbus does not starve the Hid's.

Les

Les - had a look at your web site - but still a bit confused!! I have an 1100GS, with H4 bulb - am I right in thinking I can only choose main OR dip beam as an HID?

I have seen some advertised that incorporate a solenoid to reposition the bulb - do yours do this - or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Mike

Back
Top Bottom