HID50.com exclusive

Sena 10

A thank you to Les for advising me on the right comms, a Sena 10. Just the job, arrived super fast and amazed and what it can do, I even managed to fit it with no problems! Top man, thanks :D

Sena systems and HiD lighting all available, pm me for prices

No problem, best mail me direct and let me know which bike etc, use the mail address in the signature box

Fantastic service from Les. Paid for the order on Wednesday and received it on Friday morning. Thanks again Brian

Installed my HID setup last week, very pleased with the results :)

Great advice & service from Les from start to finish, top man!

I would have thought that you would get issued with a MOT fail now for a after market HID kit
You will on a car for sure and looking at the Mot manual it looks like the same rules apply to bikes
extract from the mot class 1 and 2 manual

Some motorcycles may be fitted with high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps.
Existing halogen headlamp units shouldn’t be converted to be used with HID bulbs.
If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.

Thanks for that Garry, HiD have always been a grey area it all depends on the testers you use and set up makes a big difference.

I would have thought that you would get issued with a MOT fail now for a after market HID kit
You will on a car for sure and looking at the Mot manual it looks like the same rules apply to bikes
extract from the mot class 1 and 2 manual

Some motorcycles may be fitted with high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps.
Existing halogen headlamp units shouldn’t be converted to be used with HID bulbs.
If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.

So just swap the bulbs for the MOT
I do with all my bikes and my car now the new test regulations are in force, its really not rocket science,

So just swap the bulbs for the MOT
I do with all my bikes and my car now the new test regulations are in force, its really not rocket science,

The test is there for a reason....To stop you dazzling the feck out of people
If you just swap the bulbs and don't set it up on a beam tester you have no idea what's the height or pattern is
Next time someone blinds you with there lights there is a good chance they have done what you do ! ( or fitted the bulbs incorrectly )

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/aftermarket-hid-headlamps/aftermarket-hid-headlamps

No problem at MOT time provided the alignment is OK.

I just passed recently for the 3rd time.

The new law was very quickly revoked following a rebellion from various interested parties using older vehicles.

No problem at MOT time provided the alignment is OK.

I just passed recently for the 3rd time.

The new law was very quickly revoked following a rebellion from various interested parties using older vehicles.

Led was made OK but not HID.

tom

Back
Top Bottom