Morrocan dash Easter '09?

reasonable questions:-

1 what date are you leaving?

2 what ferry?

3 what return date?

:)

Trust me they are not if you ride with this bunch :D

Also don't even bother asking "is this a proper tarmac road we are going on?" :rolleyes:

reasonable questions:-

1 what date are you leaving?

2 what ferry?

3 what return date?

:)

Go to the site page and look up previous ones.
there are no plans you just turn up and go ...

the "go do one"
Turkey trot.
plus others....
Someone will post the links to ride reports.
I wish I was fitter :tearsas I'd love to >>
"GO DO ONE" with Neil :bow:bow

Go to the site page and look up previous ones.
there are no plans you just turn up and go ...

the "go do one"
Turkey trot.
plus others....
Someone will post the links to ride reports.

Depends,

IIRC '07 was the week before easter, and the turkey trot ('08)was the week after.:nenau

but i'm sure someone will book a date, which will get posted, and then anyone else going will follow suit....

I thought i looked happy, that was quite early in the trip, i was a bit peed off when we got to sitting around Glasgow, but then that sports bike tyre was fitted to St. Eptoes bike and that cheered me up no end:D

Shep

Depends,

IIRC '07 was the week before easter, and the turkey trot ('08)was the week after.:nenau

Fairly simple explanation. Easter 07 was well into April - easter 08 was end of March. The turket trot was going through the alps and other higher ground, hence the need to be as late as possible so give a chance to miss bad weather.

Easter is fri 10th April - mon 13th this year.

So a Friday 10th start would suit the weather rather than a sat 4th April .

So shall we say friday 10th April (easter friday) - return sunday 19th April.

Tunnel crossing for 8am on the friday :nenau or a 7am because we loose an hour on the time change. A quick show of hands in the next couple of days on the time and that'll be sorted.

The usual - 1st stop Bordeaux/ Bayonne - next stop Algerciras. Sunday morning across to Africa. :thumb2

It's a go'er - Buy the ticket, take the ride.

But i'm not in charge, no silly questions, just turn up and go. Your all old enough not to be looked after, live a little. :D

Fairly simple explanation. Easter 07 was well into April - easter 08 was end of March. The turket trot was going through the alps and other higher ground, hence the need to be as late as possible so give a chance to miss bad weather.

Tunnel crossing for 8am on the friday :nenau or a 7am because we loose an hour on the time change. A quick show of hands in the next couple of days on the time and that'll be sorted.

The usual - 1st stop Bordeaux/ Bayonne - next stop Algerciras. Sunday morning across to Africa. :thumb2

But i'm not in charge, no silly questions, just turn up and go. Your all old enough not to be looked after, live a little. :D

Will we get route cards and GPS files?

Who will be Road captain and Tail ender?

Where will we stay in Bordeaux? Is it all B&B?

:D :hide

I'm booked..........

1820 tunnel on Thursday 9th. Me and DakarDC booked in at the Ibis at t'other end of tunnel :thumb

No return booked :mmmm

1820 tunnel on Thursday 9th. Me and DakarDC booked in at the Ibis at t'other end of tunnel :thumb

No return booked :mmmm

Please no fanny arsing around when it comes to paying your share at any stops etc.

Yip , up at 6am and cross at 7am :)

So by the time people who've filled up at tuther side are ready , fuelled and coffee'd we should be away by 9am Frenchy time , heading sarf :bounce1

Yes or not ............ :nenau

Yip , up at 6am and cross at 7am :)

So by the time people who've filled up at tuther side are ready , fuelled and coffee'd we should be away by 9am Frenchy time , heading sarf :bounce1

Yes or not ............ :nenau

FFS Burton what part of 'no plans' don't you understand:augie:D

Shep

You could drive the back up wobbleybox with spare tyres, parts, fuel and a trailer for any recovery home or maybe go on a trike :thumb2

morocco 09

Thanks Mr Steptoe for now supplying answers to my simple questions, very happy with the buy a ticket and go plan, been in Morocco twice before

:eek:onyack

Back
Top Bottom