jesus just bought a Cossack/Voskhod 175!!

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had one at 17 could not resist this for my middle son!!!:eek: One owner dry stored 3000km it took me everywhere and I must have stripped it 10 times Top speed 100kmper hour ring a ding ding!!! Will let you know how it goes I know Worst Bike Bike mafgazine ever reviewd!!:thumb

Attachments

• cossack.jpg
    cossack.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 9,981
  • cossack5.jpg
    cossack5.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4,573
  • cossck 3.jpg
    cossck 3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 4,856
  • cossack 6.jpg
    cossack 6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,749
  • cossack 4.jpg
    cossack 4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4,425
Titter ye not!!!!!! Got it Running amazingly!! Last run in 1993 !! Carb needs a clean but a good spark and its all there!! You should see the tool kit ,enough to completley strip the bike to the sub total of parts. Owners handbook shows how to split the engine and fix the gearbox:eek: Runs sweet big jump from 3rd to 4th gear enen has a decompressor(on a two stoke) for descending snow covered roads!! Its Tiny but I love it its got a real character and smell of the 70's and nothing that cant be fixed with a little nowse. My son loves it ,now he'll have to pass his test!! :thumb

....I like it....But as my mates say "I would"......:)

Reminds me of the Cossak 350 twin/sidecar outfit my mate bought thirty odd years ago.......:rob

True story.....Wary of riding an 'outfit' for the first time, he had the dealer deliver it to his house. He started it up, hit first gear, and promptly launched the whole contraption into his next door neighbours fence.......One of the greatest all time seriously funny things that I have ever seen........The thought of it still makes me piss laughing......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whats the ickle black box on springs do? :D

Its the Spring mounted indicater relay!!! To shelter it from the massive vibes of a 175cc two stroke engine!!!The orange box is a puncture repair kit plus spare chain link 5 spokes and 5 Nipples(ooooh errr) New price 1977 £239!!Even got the receipt needed a rebore /rings at 1500km:eek:Hand book says take it easy for the first 3000km!!:eek:Its only done just that in 32years!!:D

An Update!! We have a Student from Khazakstan living with us and over the Christmas Holidays I asked if she could look for a few spares for the Voskhod!! I gave her a parts book and off she went!! Came home with a set of handlebars ,set of brake shoes an alternator/generator,a workshop manual in russian a Carb ,a full gasket set Air intake hose and various odds and sods all for

£35:eek: Even the KHazak Dealer thought it was Retro!!:thumb2 Looking forward now to the refit.Got all control cables made up by JR cables in Warwickshire Great Chaps!!

Attachments

• cossack.jpg
    cossack.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3,227
Hmmmm ..... I am liking it - I had a Jawa 350 for a short time ... looks a bit similar, the Jawa was built of Chocolate and had " Built-in Obsolescence" (available as a standard feature) I think it lasted me 4 months before I sold it to a friend who drove off in a cloud of blue smoke and into the back of a parked car.

Anyway a fitting burial for a bike with loads of "character":rolleyes:

Would have another one for a bit of fun though as they are so easy to pull apart and reassemble. Enjoy it Rob :thumb2

Had one at 17 could not resist this for my middle son!!! One owner dry stored 3000km it took me everywhere and I must have stripped it 10 times Top speed 100kmper hour ring a ding ding!!! Will let you know how it goes I know Worst Bike Bike mafgazine ever reviewd!!:thumb

Roy Pidcock was a dealer for the rubbish Russian crap. Someone else brought in CZs and yet another MZs who were by far the best.
Jawa-CZ used steam to heat the engine cases during manufacture. That often left water in the crankcases. No problem if the bike was used straight away but export bikes ended up with rusty bearings.
My neighbour had a CZ250 (smaller version of Jawa 350). It needed new main bearings of course but after that it ran well. They were really quite good with decent carbs but that doubled the value of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom