CHRISTMAS ON THE PLAIN - THE FINAL LIST

Back home in one piece, bike's running fine despite the holed clutch cover - big thanks to whoever supplied the Duct Tape, didn't lose any more oil. :thumb2

Thanks to Trippy & Bakerman for arranging the day. :thumb2 :thumb2

Nurse Pumpy is back from Xmas hols in Berlin, she can now nurse my sore shoulder - not from the fall, a lock to lock tank slapper later in the day wrenched my not quite healed collarbone.

Special mention to Liquidlan for dropping his WR at the end of the day in the deepest, coldest water he could find (ice was an inch thick :eek:).

Hi guys, just managed to half inch the computer off the wifey for 2 mins.

I'm back safe and sound.

Thanks to everyone, met some new friends, met some old one, had a feckin brill day and I'd love to be able to do that every day of my life :thumb

Super big thanks to all involved with organizing and leading the ride outs. If any of you guys fancy a bit of derbyshire laning, just let us know and I'm sure we can accomodate you :thumb:thumb:thumb

I hope everyone gets back safe and sound and that the soreness of injuries to both man and machine, are sorted soon.

Thanks again, you guys (and Bake's girls) rock!!!!

Thanks very much to all for good company and a great day out nice to put more names to faces:thumb2 Special thanks to Bakes, your lovely wife and daughter for laying the food on and cups of tea to warm us in the morning.

Thanks to Trippy for starting it all off, and the other ride leaders. Froze me bloody nuts off on the way back to Dorset, just about thawed out now :D

Starting to feel the after effects of my spectacular High Side; :tears :D think i'll be black and blue in the morning :blast

As Flipfly mentioned if your ever in our neck of the woods you'll be made more than welcome :clap

Thanks to everyone who organised the day, I cut away about 3 ish for a 192 mile ride back to Derbyshire. Colder than a witches tit when I got home at 7.

Nursing a bruised hip after a 15mph spill with claret and dairy milk. The old remedies are the best.:beer:

Best wishes to you all.
:thumb2

Special mention to Liquidlan for dropping his WR at the end of the day in the deepest, coldest water he could find (ice was an inch thick :eek:).

lol... who ME? In my defence, that was the only time I dropped it... figured I had to do it in style ;)

I'll learn about water one of these days :D thanks for helping me pick it up, that water was a bit of a shock to the system, I could feel it running in all the wrong directions... :eek:

Does anyone know if the guy managed to nurse his GSA back up to London? I was going to suggest you were both more than welcome to follow me back if you wanted to make more perminant repairs, plenty of tools and bits and pieces here. Bit late to suggest it now though :D

Bakes, I mentioned it to Trippy during the big off, but I've got a Motolug colapsable bike trailer... dunno if you guys always have "vehicle support" on your runs, but I'm happy for it to go in the back - never know I might need it :D

Thanks to everyone who organised the day, I cut away about 3 ish for a 192 mile ride back to Derbyshire. Colder than a witches tit when I got home at 7.

Nursing a bruised hip after a 15mph spill with claret and dairy milk. The old remedies are the best.:beer:

Best wishes to you all.
:thumb2

Good, you got off the plains then... I thought you knew where you were going, but I had a moment down the road I wasn't too sure we should have left you... sorry :eek:

Good, you got off the plains then... I thought you knew where you were going, but I had a moment down the road I wasn't too sure we should have left you... sorry :eek:

You don't need to worry about Gaz, he can turn a zip tie into a bear trap and he can make a spag bol out of grass and chalk. He was always gonna be fine :thumb

Does anyone know if the guy managed to nurse his GSA back up to London? I was going to suggest you were both more than welcome to follow me back if you wanted to make more perminant repairs, plenty of tools and bits and pieces here. Bit late to suggest it now though :D

B:D

If it was me you were enquiring after with the slow front puncture, I did get back safely thanks. Just had to stop a couple of times to re-inflate it at petrol stations (though its amazing how many don't have working air pumps - I would have thought it would be a priority to repair them but some of the notices were well old!)
Cheers,
Grendal

Superb day - first trip out with you guys.Made to feel very welcome and relaxed.Met good people who just enjoyed riding and having a laugh.Many thanks Trippy and Bakerman for such a good days ride.

Justin

Thanks to Bakes, Trippy, Paul and Clive...............for all they did

Boy, was it cold and dangerous

Managed to stay on and took things real easy...................but still managed two massive slides (god knows how I stayed on)

Bake's group was err.............progressive, but fun

Good craic and scenery...................but frozen grass and heathland is something I don't want to repeat for a few weeks

Got home to Yorkshire @ 7pm and very glad I was in the van with the heater on:p

Back
Top Bottom