CHRISTMAS ON THE PLAIN - THE FINAL LIST

Would it be ok to join your ride out on the 28th.I live in Andover and I think we have met out on the trails.Mostly ride out on my own but keen to meet up other bikeminded individuals.Is it mainly a big bike run or any enduro?

Would it be ok to join your ride out on the 28th.I live in Andover and I think we have met out on the trails.Mostly ride out on my own but keen to meet up other bikeminded individuals.Is it mainly a big bike run or any enduro?

Allsorts mate, see at Bake's shop.

BAKERMAN
CLIVE - 1200
PINKYTIFF - 1200
ADVENTURE STU - X Challenge
WREFORD MILES - Airhead
GRINNINGGSER
MAV - HP2
POSSU
LOZ
DAVID JAMES - X Challenge
LOSTTHEPLOT
TRIPPY - Basic
NCPIERCE
SID HORMAN - KTM
LITTLE HORMAN - CRF230
LOUISDUT
ROBROY
BIGBADBAZ - 1150
DESERT RAT
GRENDAL - 1200
BERT RM - 1150
TURNIPBMW
TURNIPS MATE
KOMATIAS - F650gs Dakar
RAGNAR
RAGNARS MATE
JOHNNYOLDBOY
MOTORHEAD - 1150
JOHNNYBOXER - X Challenge
STEPTOE
PIPSTER - KTM 950 SE
CLIFFHANGER
SKYGOD
KARLP - X Challenge
FLIPFLY
JAYB

5 places left

Am I in???

Yeah baby :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Looks like I'll have to ride down in the morning and then ride home :eek::eek::eek:

Never mind, I did Falmouth and back last new years eve :blast:blast:blast

Can I be in the intermediate group please??? If not don't worry I'll be happy in any group. I'll be on the 650 Dakar:thumb

Bakes, get the pasties ready fella, I'm a fatty and I likes my pies :D:D:D

Just spoken to Bakes and his plan is to run three groups.

Clive - Not to challenging.
Paul - Intermediate.
Bakes - Faster and smaller stuff.

With Flipfly we have 35.

Room for 5 more.

Trippy

With having not ridden the plains before I like the sound of Bakes group is it doable on the 950 SE :nenau

Bakes what do you have in store for us :D

Am I in???

Yeah baby :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Looks like I'll have to ride down in the morning and then ride home :eek::eek::eek:

Never mind, I did Falmouth and back last new years eve :blast:blast:blast

Can I be in the intermediate group please??? If not don't worry I'll be happy in any group. I'll be on the 650 Dakar:thumb

Bakes, get the pasties ready fella, I'm a fatty and I likes my pies :D:D:D

If you need a bed about 1 hour from the RV let me know.......there will be a few of us leaving from this area.

If you need a bed about 1 hour from the RV let me know.......there will be a few of us leaving from this area.

David, that's very kind of you (I'm sure I have a bottle of something for the saturday night :augie:augie:augie). I may well take you up on that offer, I reckon it's a 3 hour drive from here and it's sure to be cold. I have an inflatable matress and a sleeping bag if you have floor space near a radiator :thumb

David, that's very kind of you (I'm sure I have a bottle of something for the saturday night :augie:augie:augie). I may well take you up on that offer, I reckon it's a 3 hour drive from here and it's sure to be cold. I have an inflatable matress and a sleeping bag if you have floor space near a radiator :thumb

No need for the airbed - we have a sofa bed and duvet or sleeping bag available if you need it.

Let me know - we are happy to help.

David

No need for the airbed - we have a sofa bed and duvet or sleeping bag available if you need it.

Let me know - we are happy to help.

David

That sounds like an offer too good to miss, count me in sir. You are a gentleman :thumb2

PM sent

Trippy

With having not ridden the plains before I like the sound of Bakes group is it doable on the 950 SE :nenau

Bakes what do you have in store for us :D

Everything there is do'able on a 950 so it depends on how you ride it.

Me, I'm going with Paul.

1200 rider enjoying Pauls ride last year :D

HogRoast07031.jpg

It can be wet.

1200 rider enjoying Pauls ride last year :D

HogRoast07031.jpg

It can be wet.

Looks like I'm gonna have cold feet on the way home :D:D:D

Then again judging by my previous efforts, it may be a cold head and my feet will stay dry :blast:blast:blast

Can you put me down for the intermediate group please...

Just a suggestion but can the list be annotated to show who's in which group:nenau

Will there be scope on the day for people to change groups if needed?

BAKERMAN
CLIVE - 1200
PINKYTIFF - 1200
ADVENTURE STU - X Challenge - Inters
WREFORD MILES - Airhead
GRINNINGGSER
MAV - HP2 - Fast and furious
POSSU
LOZ
DAVID JAMES - X Challenge
LOSTTHEPLOT
TRIPPY - Basic - Inters
NCPIERCE
SID HORMAN - KTM
LITTLE HORMAN - CRF230
LOUISDUT
ROBROY
BIGBADBAZ - 1150
DESERT RAT
GRENDAL - 1200
BERT RM - 1150
TURNIPBMW
TURNIPS MATE
KOMATIAS - F650gs Dakar
RAGNAR
RAGNARS MATE
JOHNNYOLDBOY
MOTORHEAD - 1150
JOHNNYBOXER - X Challenge
STEPTOE
PIPSTER - KTM 950 SE - Fast and furious
CLIFFHANGER
SKYGOD
KARLP - X Challenge
FLIPFLY - - Inters

Adding chosen groups :)

Just spoken to Bakes and his plan is to run three groups.

Clive - Not to challenging.
Paul - Intermediate.
Bakes - Faster and smaller stuff.

With Flipfly we have 35.

Room for 5 more.

I'm happy to go with Clive or Paul!
Looking forward to meeting you all. :beerjug:
Grendal
GSA1200

I would like to do some fast stuff. Bakes, you think I could manage the Dakar in your group?

I think I will be intermediate but could go either way depending on the following factors:

Hangover from previous day
Amount of weight gained during Xmas
Discovering just how unfit I am

Discovering I am in fact an off-road god :toungincheek

I rode most of the day behind Paul when he guided the Hogroast ride in 07, he knows the place like the back of his hand and was happy to stop every time we wanted to lark about and take photos.
We experienced all the Plain offers and I loved the section that was like riding a rollercoaster with every dip being filled with water.
Gravel, mud, water and grass, Pauls ride suited me on an 1150 and will be perfect for the Basic.
Steve's ride with smaller faster stuff, HP2's etc will be fantastic but maybe a bit too quick for my old Airhead.
I'm guessing Clive's ride will suit those who want a slightly easier day out and perhaps suit better the bikes on Tourances.

ps. Just cos have a XC or HP2 etc doesn't mean you have to go in the fast and furious group, go where you feel you will have the best day.

Back
Top Bottom