TDR 250 "perfect motorcycle" according to Bike Magazine

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith and owners of large vats of pish taken from yours truly.

BIKE magazine Feb 2009 issue landed on the mat today, prolly the last copy I'll receicve as I've cancelled my subs :D

Opening the cover and perusing the usual boring RC8/CBR/ZX/GSX shite, I was stopped, mid toast-to-gob-like-a-right-cock-end to see my shell suit blue pink and green TDR on page 95. (not actually mine of course, some other nutter's:D)

As the chewed ball of toast fell from my still-open gob, I read these words:

"the TDR looked like a reasonably comfy road bike with off-road styling...a bit like Honda's Transalp without the toupee and Werther's Originals. Instead it was everything Yamaha have ever stood for in one perfect motorcycle"

Splat. The toast-and-spit ball hit the open mag on my lap and shook me out of the stupour.
I am now all giddy like a kid at Christmas! My months of toiling, sweating, swearing and bashed knuckles have been vindicated in print.

This is one serious hooligan machine, and I cannot wait to get it road legal (should be next week) and legally feel that rush of energy as the YPVS does its stuff!:D:D:D
:JB:JB:JB:pullface:pullface:pullface

Has to be the most fun bike I've ever had the pleasure to ride. And that opinion seems to be about the norm, because any I ever see for sale go for really really daft money.

Bet when yer sat on it you like me on my mad little PitBike. :D :D :D

Has to be the most fun bike I've ever had the pleasure to ride. And that opinion seems to be about the norm, because any I ever see for sale go for really really daft money.

they are a great bike,

i used to have a gilera nordwest, and that was even better! :D

I don't suppose for one minute that their opinion of the bike was influenced for one minute by the fact that Editor Steve Rose has owned one for years :augie

Is this the copy of Bike where one of the dream machines is a KTM 990 Adventure?

:hide

Yup.And in another article some prat writes that he loves the Honda CB1300S and would buy one if only it came with a mainstand.

If he loves it that much he could buy a bloody stand for £100!

You do come accross some great bikes Tunneruk......Best colours n'all.......IMHO

Import or UK ??.....Original 'zorts' in the loft ??....

WTF, I really like it.....:thumb2

You do come accross some great bikes Tunneruk......Best colours n'all.......IMHO

Import or UK ??.....Original 'zorts' in the loft ??....

WTF, I really like it.....:thumb2

I'm very patient when searching them out .....

UK bike, 3 Owners and very low chassis / engine no. 1316

Original bits have long gone now though, I'm not concerned as the DEP cans are a period acceptable upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom