How many wear a neck brace?

Spotted this video in another thread on here with someone wanting crash bar upgrades.

The R1200 guy who crashed was wearing a neck brace... not sure it would have made a lot of difference in this lowside as he was body slammed... but still good he was wearing one :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8xvUoSzi394?start=74" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poor observation, but the question I ask myself is "was his head movement restricted sufficiently to prevent him seeing the big black oil spill down the middle of the road" or was he asleep?

Poor observation, but the question I ask myself is "was his head movement restricted sufficiently to prevent him seeing the big black oil spill down the middle of the road" or was he asleep?

He was too close to the car in front.... so once the oil trail 'appeared'... he would have been on it before he could change direction to avoid it.

Just too close to car in front is all which was obscuring his road surface... There is no restriction for forward observation using the neck brace.

A friend of mine hit a block of wood in the middle of the road a few years back, doing exactly the same thing... riding too close to the car in front.

IF you are going to do it, make sure you are riding in their nearside or offside wheel path. It gives you at least a chance to see the car swerve in front to avoid something.

Back
Top Bottom