Conti attack

Thanks Bilco, the esteemed editor of 100% Biker uses Heidenaus too, not sure which model.

I think being German they might be OK in the snow then...I am getting to replacement time and am thinking ahead and remembering my slithery winter last year! Not nice, put 50 years on me.:comfort

Road Attack or trial attack

Hi

can anyone suggest which would be better for mainly road touring and daily commute. I want good grip and long life pref!

The road attack or the trial attack

Many thanks

Graham Allen

road attacks

Hi

can anyone suggest which would be better for mainly road touring and daily commute. I want good grip and long life pref!

Many thanks

Graham Allen

Ive just ordered the road attacks for my varadero which is used just for road work.

I used these guys, I ordered them on Sunday. requested delivery to the garage and they arrived today from Europe. Cheapest I could find and recommenced on another site I use..

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/

Hi

Many thanks

Graham Allen
Unless someone can absolutely state the roads

Hi

Many thanks

Graham Allen

I'll try again, where'd my edit button go?

Ignore me guys. I'm on the iPad which crashes all the time. I need to load then edit to finish, but the edit options gone!!

Where to buy?

My GSA tyres are naffed, (I've just touched 10k BTW) so where should I buy my next set of Trail Attacks, I need them in time for a bimble ten days time

Sizes
F 110/80 R19 MC 59V
R 150/70 R17 MC 69V

The best I've found is from Oponeo (WTF?)
£73 front
£99 rear

Total £172 incl vat and del
Anyone beat that

My GSA tyres are naffed, (I've just touched 10k BTW) so where should I buy my next set of Trail Attacks, I need them in time for a bimble ten days time

Sizes
F 110/80 R19 MC 59V
R 150/70 R17 MC 69V

The best I've found is from Oponeo (WTF?)
£73 front
£99 rear

Total £172 incl vat and del
Anyone beat that

I recently used the same company who provided excellent service.:thumb

Ah, it's here... been looking for this thread. :D

I got an 1100GS just about a year ago. It came fitted with a 3/4 worn something on the front, and an Anakee in similar state on the back. So... I had a pair of Trail Attacks on the 'old' GS, from three years ago. Front had done about 800 miles, rear was unused, so I put them on new GS.

About a year and seven thousand miles on (I know it's not a lot, but I've got an FJ and a car to keep happy as well...) I'm quite impressed, especially with the rear. The front, with it's extra 800 miles, and probably taking more 'treatment', is getting to the 'I'll have to keep an eye on this' stage, but the rear is still only around half worn.

No sign of uneven wearing, i.e. flanks wearing faster than centre, or vice-verca, it's looking like I'll beat the 10-11k I used to get from a Tourance.

Grip wise, no sign of any 'wibbles' from either, wet or dry, even when my toes touch down in a bend.

I put a Road Attack on the front of the FJ. About six months and one MoT later, I discovered the rear was a Cross-ply.:nenau I can't get a sixteen inch Attack, so I got a cross-ply for the front, and the Attack ended up on the front of my biking buddie's CB1000F. She's had no problems with it, and it's matched with a Brigestone on the rear. I've had no complaints when I've ridden her bike.

So, when it comes to change time, I'll definitely be going down the Trail Attack route again for the GS. And if I ever convert the Yam to FZ1000 wheels, it'll be Road Attacks for that.

Dave.

I've bought them, its your fault ...

Well after reading through this fine thread, i've bought some for £155.50 delivered from http://www.btyres.co.uk/ .

Still got a trip left in my Tourances but will need them when i come back from Belgium next month prior to going to the route napolean in July for two weeks, so I'll get back to how they fared two up with camping equipment...:blagblah

:Motomartin

GSA1200 61'
:beerjug:

Mine came with Conti trails on, fantastic grip on the twisties in the mountains in Spain (most of my riding) and good on the motorway, defo fit same again.

Ah, it's here... been looking for this thread. :D

I got an 1100GS just about a year ago. It came fitted with a 3/4 worn something on the front, and an Anakee in similar state on the back. So... I had a pair of Trail Attacks on the 'old' GS, from three years ago. Front had done about 800 miles, rear was unused, so I put them on new GS.

About a year and seven thousand miles on (I know it's not a lot, but I've got an FJ and a car to keep happy as well...) I'm quite impressed, especially with the rear. The front, with it's extra 800 miles, and probably taking more 'treatment', is getting to the 'I'll have to keep an eye on this' stage, but the rear is still only around half worn.

No sign of uneven wearing, i.e. flanks wearing faster than centre, or vice-verca, it's looking like I'll beat the 10-11k I used to get from a Tourance.

Grip wise, no sign of any 'wibbles' from either, wet or dry, even when my toes touch down in a bend.

I put a Road Attack on the front of the FJ. About six months and one MoT later, I discovered the rear was a Cross-ply.:nenau I can't get a sixteen inch Attack, so I got a cross-ply for the front, and the Attack ended up on the front of my biking buddie's CB1000F. She's had no problems with it, and it's matched with a Brigestone on the rear. I've had no complaints when I've ridden her bike.

So, when it comes to change time, I'll definitely be going down the Trail Attack route again for the GS. And if I ever convert the Yam to FZ1000 wheels, it'll be Road Attacks for that.

Dave.

I fitted a thundercat front end to mine and a fazer fzs1000 swingarm with a thunder ace rear wheel.

Changed the rear brake as well!

Back
Top Bottom