Conti attack

I've had them, and they're great. (Can't comment on mileage, as I took them off part worn to put a new set of tyres - Brodgestoen BT020/021 - prior to a long road trip.)

I've got a set of Conti Road Attacks on my GS1150Adv. I changed over from Tourances and there was a very noticable improvement.
I did Leicester to Lisbon and back, including a hoon trough the Picos and down the Douro Valley and the level of grip was awesome. (The bike was fully loaded for the trip). Very confidence inspiring.
They have worn really, really well so far and so no signs of wearing out at all!!

I got a new set of these tyres as part of the deal for my my(ish) GS. Rode a few hundred miles on the worn Tourances which seemed fine but the new Continentals came with a built in weave/oscilation at motorway speeds.

Got em on my 1150, all good so far after a couple of thousand miles:thumb2

Got `em on my new GSA Am very pleased with them so far. Early days of course. They at least seem on a par with tourances I had on a previous GS.
Not had any motorway speed worries. Good in the wet home from Donny GP on Sunday:)

I've had the trail attacks on for about 4K in which time they have been driven hard including motorways at 110 mph (legally) with about 2K carrying a pillion (photographer) and they are great very good grip in wet and dry, except for one issue, the tyres are clearly a dual compound as the shoulder tread has worn quicker then the centre and where the two meet there is a lip between the tread either side of the grove hard /soft, it doesn't seam to effect handling but it is something to be aware of.

I had to replace the original Tourances on my 2010 Adv at 6,800 having had no real issues with them.
I decided on the Trail Attacks as I'd had Road Attacks on my Bandit for the last 5 years and always liked them.
Just over 9,000 miles later they are getting near their wear limit and will be replaced in the next couple of weeks.
I'll definately be going for Conti's again.:thumb2

I've been using Conti Trail Attacks since I've been riding my GSA 1200.....superb tyres in wet, dry & rough road conditions.....:thumb2

Had a set fitted for a while now. They seem smooth and totally neutral handling-wise. Grip seems good too.

:beerjug:

Had tourance's and b/wings over the past 5 years on my 1150 Adv.

Now on my second set of conti t/attacks and found them to be fantastic in both wet and dry conditions. Can't see past them now.:thumb:thumb

Tricky

Anybody know if it's OK to mix Conti Trail Attack on the back with Tourance on the front?

Anybody know if it's OK to mix Conti Trail Attack on the back with Tourance on the front?

Well nobody would officially recommend it, but I've often finished off a front with a different rear and have never noticed any issues. Think about it, if a manufacterer said, 'you can fit any front with any rear' they'd sell quite a few less tyres. Bit of a conspiracy this 'only fit matched pairs' thing really' good business for all of them if they get you to through away a half worn tyre every time you change a pair.
I'd stick to matched types though, like tourance and trail attack as you suggest, wouldn't risk say an 020 with a battlewing.

An alternative question, anyone had experience of both trail attacks and road attacks on a gs? I noticed a friend has got road attack2's on his tiger, and they're only about a fiver more. So are they worth considering, will they last as long, is the extra grip offered usuable in real terms?

Back
Top Bottom