Conti attack

I did the same thing to an 1100 a few years back. Makes a hell of a difference?

Jan22nd20121.jpg

I managed to get 9800 out of the rear of the conti 1 on my GSA 1200, i did do a trip on them in July/August last year, two up and heavily overloaded, in my opnion. i must say out of the tyres I've used they are the least inspiring in the wet, frankly no feeling at all from the front and had the TC coming on from the rear a few times when running late to work!

I do half my mileage up the motorway going to and from work.

I fitted Michelins pilot trail 3's and holy cow my GSA handles like a bloody sports bike!! i have never dragged my boot in the wet before!!:loopy only downside, squared off like a car tyre and down to legal limit after 5800, not good for a daily ride bike.

So ive now fitted the new Conti 2's in the rear until the front pilot 3 has worn out as is still on 3 mm. not a great combo but then again its not a flighty stroppy sports bike.

If your only doing small mileages, which you shouldn't be on a GSA? then go for the pilot road trails 4 as the 3's were mental in how much grip and feed back you get and the 4's are apparently better??

I don't like the Conti 1's in the wet :eek: and if pushing on but i need the mileage now so i've had to use head and not heart in choosing the Conti 2's:rob. That's after some advice from Bob at FWR in Kennington Londonium, he's got more knowledge and experience testing tyres than most of us can dream of.:arselick:

Back
Top Bottom