Telelever Ball Joint

I'm facing the prospect of replacing my 1150GS ball joint too.

Is it okay to apply the high torque to tighten the ball joint with the the fork bridge in-situ? Is there a danger of damaging steering stops or bending something? Same concern with loosening also. Did you guys remove the bridge and do the job on a bench?

Another queston: My torque wrench range only goes to 140Nm. Can I avoid buying another one that will be rarely, if ever, used again. Would 140Nm plus "bloody tight" plus Locktite 2701 be adequate?
Thanks.

Is it okay to apply the high torque to tighten the ball joint with the the fork bridge in-situ? Is there a danger of damaging steering stops or bending something? Same concern with loosening also. Did you guys remove the bridge and do the job on a bench?

Another queston: My torque wrench range only goes to 140Nm. Can I avoid buying another one that will be rarely, if ever, used again. Would 140Nm plus "bloody tight" plus Locktite 2701 be adequate?
Thanks.

Torqued up the ball joint on the bench, in a big vice. And I would buy the Halfords torque wrench to do the ball joint, comes in useful on other bits of the tractor:jager

Thanks.

Did you change yours two wheels?

Interested to know if you removed the bridge as I would also like to do it in situ save bleeding down the brakes. Also seen lots of the bridges on ebay with what look like snapped banjo bolts stuck in it so assuming on a ten year old bike it might also happen to me...

Back
Top Bottom