new rubber!!

cheesysalesman

Reaction score
I have metzeler tyres on my 04 GS and they are about knackered! I have been looking at new ones and need a steer.

Does anybody have a strong views on tyres. I am 90/95% road and use the bike on longer journeys in the main.

The sizes are 110/80/r 19 front
150/70 r 17 on the rear.

I don't ride like a looney! Help please.

metzler tourance for your 95%
bridgeston bt020 100% road
have ridden down a fair few sets of each good sound predictable shoes imho:)

Thanks for that. I got the bike 2nd hand and they were on it. Have no base of reference but I had not heard of the brand before.

For such a big/tall bike it can really take a high angle in corners and I have never felt that its going to let go. Bit hesitant in the wet as I am still new on bikes!

try roundandblack on ebay they do pair deals of tyres good prices as well

Conti

TRAIL

ATTACKs

Stickier (and a LOT quieter) than them Tourance rubbish on the road. - but still aimed at the same market - road and gentle off road.

trailattack_pic.jpg

Conti

TRAIL

ATTACKs

Stickier (and a LOT quieter) than them Tourance rubbish on the road. - but still aimed at the same market - road and gentle off road.

trailattack_pic.jpg

I`ve got those but I didn`t want to confuse the guy with a best tyre rant :comfort

Had a set of Trail Attacks last time.. just gone back to a pair of old style Tourances.... Both good tyres, Tourances last a bit longer :thumb

rubber

im on the avon distanzias,cant comment on life yet but they give a confident feel to the bike

Pilot roads

Im not going offroad anytime soon due to ankle injury so fitted michelin pilot road
instant smiles and stickyness dont throw you in to corners like some other road tyres I have tried
good luck
H

Tourances not good in the wet!

I was on a recent rideout 2 up in wet conditions recently on my 2010 GSA. The rear stepped out twice and the front once. I'm an IAM Observer so I like to think that my cornering technique is OK! The Tourances are fine in dry conditions but certainly do not inspire confidence in the wet! I'm thinking of putting a set of road tyres on as I don't do any off roading (yet). This is my first 'duel purpose' bike having had many sport, sport tour and full on tourers. I found Pilot Road 2's to be the best all round tyres, unfortunately, they don't this tyre fitting for a 19" wheel! any recomendations?

new rubber

Totally agree with pilot road 2s an i also wish for a 19" front ,but i find michelin anakee 2s do a fantastic job on my 2008 GS, great tyre in all all weathers with top wear as well as grip at all angles :D:D but its still an on off road tyre,rave reviews on the dunlop roadsmarts from plenty on forum :augie
Im guessing from your avatar your a BOSLEY?? if so me to,originating from derbyshire apparantley :rob ,anihow hope you sort your rings out :thumb2

Just put Pirelli Sport Demon on the 650 single, not sure what the 1200 is like but I am liking them a lot after the Anakees went to pot.

I was on a recent rideout 2 up in wet conditions recently on my 2010 GSA. The rear stepped out twice and the front once. I'm an IAM Observer so I like to think that my cornering technique is OK! The Tourances are fine in dry conditions but certainly do not inspire confidence in the wet! I'm thinking of putting a set of road tyres on as I don't do any off roading (yet). This is my first 'duel purpose' bike having had many sport, sport tour and full on tourers. I found Pilot Road 2's to be the best all round tyres, unfortunately, they don't this tyre fitting for a 19" wheel! any recomendations?

I've got pilot road in 19'front pilot road 2 in 17'rear no probs. Ride in ride out crossans £180. Liking them so far. Came from Conti trail attacks for the last 2years and 16K miles..

currently got trail attacks fitted after many pairs of tourances. only tried them as i fancied a change.

verdict: quieter, nice light feel, but surprisingly not as sticky as tourance when hot, loaded and pushed. will be going back to tourances, but not in any great hurry.

Back
Top Bottom