new rubber!!

wow, they aren't marmite... they should be illegal !!!

I did an 80 mile trip in the dry sunny conditions at 23C on sunday, on those tyres I was teetering around wondering how much slower I need to go just to try and stay alive and if there was any grip to be had at all.

Today on the old bike with road smart 111's, this evening got caught in heavy rain, unlit roads, standing water, falling in to pole holes full of 6" deep water I couldn't see, wobbling out the other side with wet leaves all over the road. how did it feel....they have more grip than that other rubbish does in the dry, they feel planted and safe and I was actually enjoying the ride !!!l

I have just put Pirelli Trail 2s on my 1200gs lc. They are the worst tyres I have ever put on my bike for “skipping” over bumps when upright. When they are leaning they feel ok both wet and dry but running over bumps upright leads to a lovely display of the traction control light and a very harsh ride from the rear. It’s very scary approaching junction s with strips across the road.
I can only think it is down to the different compound in the centre of the tyre. I run 36/42 and my suspension is fine.

Anybody else had any problems with these tyres? Can’t wait to take them off.

I have just put Pirelli Trail 2s on my 1200gs lc. They are the worst tyres I have ever put on my bike for “skipping” over bumps when upright. When they are leaning they feel ok both wet and dry but running over bumps upright leads to a lovely display of the traction control light and a very harsh ride from the rear. It’s very scary approaching junction s with strips across the road.
I can only think it is down to the different compound in the centre of the tyre. I run 36/42 and my suspension is fine.

I thought it was just me! Lots of positive reports on here but I was never happy until I replaced them at 4k for Metzler Roadtec 1
I typically run with 36/42 regardless but had tried lower pressures to see if this helped - no.

I've used Metzeler Roadtec 01s on two previous bikes (both Versys 1000s) and they were an exceptional tyre

However I have just returned to GS ownership and need to replace the front tyre on my bike (2020 GS 1250 TE), the rear tyre on my bike is almost like new (fitted by the previous owner ) and is a Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41, I'm reluctant to replace the A41 front tyre with a Bridgestone as I'm not really a fan of Bridgestones, so I may fit a pair of new tyres.

I have read about Dunlop Mutant but I really don't need any off road capability as I am a road rider only, apart from the occasional un-surfaced car park, I cover approx 3-4000 miles per year in all weather and am not a hard/sporty rider these days !

Any thoughts which may help me decide ?.... yes I know that tyre questions are somewhat subjective and opinion based but any experience that others have will be of interest to me

Thanks in advance

Interesting, my Pirelli T2 are the best tyres i have ever fitted? So much so i will fit them again? Wonder if it is do with weight of the rider?
Brilliant in the rain and have no problems with harsh ride? Same 36/42.
Are your wheels balanced? Mine are.

Help please,
69 plate 1250te. Need new boots.
Bridgestone T32? Any users/reviews?
Don't intend to go off road voluntarily, so a pure road tyre will do me. Tourance next fitted at the moment.
Any Suggestions on what to replace them with?

I've got T32s on my 1200GS, happy with them. (had T31s before)
Fine in the dry, and athlough we don't get much rain here, when it's been wet they are good with plenty of feedback.
I get about 8,000km from rear and 9,000km from the front, and they do get worn right to the edges.

Your choice of tyre might be limited to what you can get hold of.

im having new boots on today (Anakee 3s) cos thats all i could get.... to be fair I'm not that upset about it, ive had them before and they seemed ok, but they wasn't my first choice.

Michelin Road 6 are on my bike. Road only except for the 100 m gravel track up the drive at home. Expensive but the best tyre I have ever ridden on. Suzuki 650 V-Strom.

Anakee Adventures for me. I am getting a new set fitted tomorrow. They are excellent tyres wet and dry.

This is on my Harley Pan America. They are essentially the same tyre that Harley supplies branded as the Michelin Anakee Scorcher, but with a very slightly different tread pattern and somewhat cheaper. Plus you can't get the Harley branded ones even of you wanted them.

Back
Top Bottom