Siberian Extreme

I've got my sticker in hand ready to add it- but I can't find Khujir on the map I scrounged off Timolgra in Tajikistan - in fact it's a 1:8 000 000 scale so there's not a lot of detail and also it shows rail tracks not roads:augie.

I think I might have a few problems.

if you are still in Northen Kazakhstan - you have some 3 or 4000 km till Khujir. :) may keep your sticker packed for a while.:)

I've got my sticker in hand ready to add it- but I can't find Khujir on the map I scrounged off Timolgra in Tajikistan - in fact it's a 1:8 000 000 scale so there's not a lot of detail and also it shows rail tracks not roads:augie.

A map showing rail tracks and not roads adds to the sense of adventure:augie some people are so ungrateful:D

what was that you said Cole?

Oh dear ... I hope that's not anything to do with the guy who split your rubber when it was stretched it too much over the shaft? :hide

just you wait.

you stood me up in Ulan Ude three days ago with a pathetic excuse of having to take the northern route around Lake Baikal and now I find out the real reason is the smut that has appeared on here- I told you that in confidence remember.:confused:

just you wait.

you stood me up in Ulan Ude three days ago with a pathetic excuse of having to take the northern route around Lake Baikal and now I find out the real reason is the smut that has appeared on here- I told you that in confidence remember.:confused:
Sorry Girl - he was actually sharing a bed with me at the time (I kid you not!) in a filthy rat infested railway hut.

You know how Cole likes it dirty!!!

just you wait.

you stood me up in Ulan Ude three days ago with a pathetic excuse of having to take the northern route around Lake Baikal ....

I am waiting ...

But ... I know what happens next. You will try and kill me by asking me to double on the back of your bike, right? :eek:

I know how you people operate!

Thank you, Cole, great ride and report!

I am Russian but your ride looks unbelievable to me looking from Moscow. Can only dream to follow your tracks!

Vladimir

Thank you, Cole, great ride and report!

I am Russian but your ride looks unbelievable to me looking from Moscow. Can only dream to follow your tracks!

Vladimir

Spasibo brat - its an amazing country! ... Here are some more fotki for those who havent seen the blog ! ;)

I am still in Russia but should be in Mongolia in about a week.

3830115004_8d536000f0.jpg

3829320797_ceb8af89e3.jpg

3863722417_207687e419.jpg

3864502586_556844a080.jpg

3863721529_1d3ed2b12d.jpg

3863721391_ff8579867e.jpg

Great stuff Walter:clap

Stay out there as long as you can, UK is a big come down:D

hell Tim, thats hardly encouraging me to come home!!!

Got to tell you its getting pretty cold here tho in Siberia!!!

Arctic Circle in Asia

Finally made it by road - after several attempts:

3917140987_7c7a5824c2.jpg

3917138033_810424189d.jpg

Amid bear and wolf tracks aplenty:

3917128885_0110db7af2.jpg

3917148345_31f32bbaf3.jpg

Well Done

That's great that you made it to the Arctic Circle

I am currently baking hot in the Gobi and making the most of it before I hit Siberia next month.

If you're in Mongolia in a week or so, I should be at Khovsghol Nuur- doing some kayaking.
I'll buy a you a GobiGold beer:beerjug:

I am currently baking hot in the Gobi and making the most of it before I hit Siberia next month.

If you're in Mongolia in a week or so, I should be at Khovsghol Nuur- doing some kayaking.

Cole,
Take care! Sounds like a trap! :D

Spasibo brat - its an amazing country! ...

:D:D

Still can't believe you managed zimnik/winter-time road/ - I talked to truck drivers in Irkutsk, they assured me it's impossible to ride the bikes on zimnik. And those guys know what they are talking about/normally/.

Well, maybe thay were unable to forget Tim, who knows :D But I travelled with my wife - was protected :)

LWR sucks definitely

you stood me up in Ulan Ude three days ago with a pathetic excuse of having to take the northern route around Lake Baikal :confused:

Ah sorry ... 'the northern route around Lake Baikal' took a little longer than I expected.

I think it was Captain Oates who said ... "I am just going outside to ride the northern route around Lake Baikal, and may be some time ..." :rob

Andover a little overcast :rolleyes:

Cole is in town...

he has brought the Siberian weather with him, is chatting up the backpackers with his bike riding stories and buying dodgy bottles of red wine which he thinks are nice:rolleyes:
I am now in charge of wine buying expeditions.

Back
Top Bottom