Siberian Extreme

Cole

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls. I have sold up the big 1200 GSA and am preparing to take off from the Touratech open day with Jonathon Fox, at the end of March, heading into the wilds of Siberia on an X-Challenge :thumb2

I am going to try and get the little beast further North and East into Asia than has been done before. Fingers crossed! :guitarist

Planning to hook up with a number of guys en route, including Mac Swinarski from Motosyberia.com - who is trying again to get to Kamchatka or Chukhotka by bike, and Chris Scott who I will also hook up with in Siberia for the ride down thru Mongolia and China.

Lots more info on the website ... www.SibirskyExtreme.com :rob

Will posts updates on this post as they come along, or on the blog on the website above.

Ok boys and girls. I have sold up the big 1200 GSA and am preparing to take off from the Touratech open day with Jonathon Fox, at the end of March, heading into the wilds of Siberia on an X-Challenge :thumb2

I am going to try and get the little beast further North and East into Asia than has been done before. Fingers crossed! :guitarist

Planning to hook up with a number of guys en route, including Mac Swinarski from Motosyberia.com - who is trying again to get to Kamchatka or Chukhotka by bike, and Chris Scott who I will also hook up with in Siberia for the ride down thru Mongolia and China.

Lots more info on the website ... www.SibirskyExtreme.com :rob

Will posts updates on this post as they come along, or on the blog on the website above.

Best of luck mate, I'll be following your trip with great interest :clap

All the best with it Walt :thumb

Go for it... I'll be keeping an eye on ya :thumb

:beerjug:

As Walter pointed out I'll be joining him from Touratech on down through Western Europe and then down through the Balkans before heading North and East again across Romania, Moldova and the Ukraine. because I am a mere mortal I have to return from this point but will be bagging as many countries as I can upon my return. :D

I look forward to seeing you all at the TT event and if any northern tossers want to join me on the ride down to Touratech give me a shout.

:beerjug:

Jon

Great stuff Walter, maybe our paths will cross although you're leaving around 6 weeks ahead of us.

Wish you & all riders involved a great & safe ride. :thumb2 Looking forward to hearing of your exploits on here.

Excellent website BTW :thumb2

3346040158_b0cc96f58d.jpg

:type :thumb

Great stuff Walter, maybe our paths will cross although you're leaving around 6 weeks ahead of us.

Thanks a lot Tim ... I guess I am just budgeting on being a slower rider on my little X-Challenge :augie Will take me more weeks to get out there. :)

Hope to catch you at the Touratech open day. :thumb

By the way, have heard that there will be a few trips leaving from Touratech ... Globebusters' Kevin and Julia are leading off a trip on the Saturday 28th March ... also headed for Mongolia among other places.

I am planning on leaving also from Touratech on the Sunday 29th March ... the following day.

It will be a good meet as far as big trips goes :)

Thanks a lot Tim ... I guess I am just budgeting on being a slower rider on my little X-Challenge :augie Will take me more weeks to get out there. :)

Ha, I doubt that...plus our time getting lost, overfilling fuel tanks, not finding any food, a few years in prison etc. etc.

Jonathan wrote:

Hey Jon,

I like the recent version better. More realistic :augie

posterf.jpg

Please keep an eye on Walter on the way, if you please.:comfort He isn't getting any younger:rob:augie

And they're off.............

I had the pleasure too see you off on Sunday from Touratech in Wales.
Have a safe and happy trip, (keep at at it. It sounds like you'll be groundbreaking again!)

Hats off to you:beerjug:

Regards

Chod

Jonathan wrote:

Hey Jon,

I like the recent version better. More realistic :augie

posterf.jpg

Please keep an eye on Walter on the way, if you please.:comfort He isn't getting any younger:rob:augie

Am I imagining it or did I see that sand coloured machine with another GS , a 1200 I think on the Brussels ring road on Monday ? I was in my car trying to drive in grid locked traffic and these 2 bikes with British number plates came through .... it was a fine sight :thumb

Am I imagining it or did I see that sand coloured machine with another GS , a 1200 I think on the Brussels ring road on Monday ? I was in my car trying to drive in grid locked traffic and these 2 bikes with British number plates came through .... it was a fine sight :thumb

Looking at the blog they were certainly in that vicinity on Monday. The 2nd bike is an F800GS - the one in this picture to be precise :beerjug:

I had to leave it a while after you guys left to make my way out of there as I was carrying twice as much kit for 3 days as you were for this trip …bloody embarrassing!

Good luck chaps:thumb2

We were in Belgium but steered well clear of the big smoke of Brussels. We left Kastelweeg and headed on down to the Belgian Ardenne and Spa-Francorchamps. From there we weaved our way back and forth across the French, Luxembourg and German borders.

I will be able to update this section of the site with a full ride report and hope to include some of the video footage taken so far. Im currently in Austria and have a few more countries to add to the list of 22 already visited before I get home and get a chance to really provide a more in depth report.

We toyed with getting a trip haircut in the long tradition that others have done before us a la Charley Boorman and Maciek Swinarski but the choice was limited...

3431357693_dedab4fcca.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom